Cake

When you woke back up, you saw Ralsei pacing around. Two slices of cake were on your nightstand, sitting on two purple plates.

"Hey."

"O-oh, you're awake! Great, I have some cake for us. It might not be the best food for recovery, but it's all I had...sorry."

They sat down on their chair and took one of the plates. They placed a fork next to your slice and used another fork to take tiny bits of the cake.

"D-do you want any?"

You sat up and carefully took the plate.

"Sure."

You took the fork and scooped a bite of the cake into your mouth. Delicious.

You talked with your mouth full.

"This is delicious, Ralsei. Did you make this?"

"Y-yeah. I really enjoy baking, and cooking...so, I guess that's helpful."

You quickly ate the entire slice of cake and set the plate back on your nightstand. Ralsei, on the other hand, had only eaten half so far.

He still took tiny bites of cake in between sentences.

"Y/N,"

"you seem really nice."

"I-I think we're going to be friends."

He continued to nom away at his slice. He was adorable.

"Sorry if the cake tastes weird," he said, finally finishing and setting his plate down.

"I put a few drops of a strong healing potion in it, and I didn't taste it."

"It was fine, Ralsei."

"Great..."

"Hey, Ralsei."

"Hmm?"

"Can I get out of bed yet?"

He paused and thought for a moment.

"Well, you could try to stand, if you're feeling better. "  He stood next to your bed, and stepped back to give you room.

You slid your legs across the bed and slowly stood up.

He took your hand and slowly helped you walk across the small room.

"Looks like you've healed. You've healed considerably, actually. You can walk and everything." He scanned you head to toe.

"Do you feel okay? Does anything hurt, maybe your arms, shoulders, your legs, anything?"
He stroked your arms and scanned for injuries.

"No, Ralsei, I'm fine, really..."

They laugh to themselves nervously.

"Guess I just worry too much."

"You're fine, Ralsei."
You try to comfort him by patting his head. He blushes and unknowingly leans into your touch.

Once your hand returns to your side, Ralsei begins to fiddle with viles and droppers.

"You should probably drink one healing potion each day. To make sure you fully recover,"  he says as he swiftly mixes the same potion as before.

When he's done mixing the potion, he takes a cork from a basket and makes sure that none of it can leak. He sets it aside in a different basket and repeats the process about fifteen times.

"You should probably get more sleep, Y/N,"
he chuckles nervously to himself, not taking his eyes off the potions.

You sit back down on your bed and stretch.

"I'm not that tired, Ralsei. Couldn't you just give me another sleeping potion?"

He stops and looks up at you.

"Goodness no!-I-...I mean it would be extremely dangerous to give you more than o-one sleeping potion in the span of one day..."

He resumes mixing his potions.

"I-I could buy my groceries early today from the shop and make some soup, if you would like. "

"I wouldn't want to trouble you, Ralsei..."

"It would be fine, Y/N, really. I would just have to leave for a bit."

He corks the last potion.

"And...there! Fifteen healing potions. "

He looked proud of himself.

"S-sorry. I've never made that many potions in one sitting...haha..."
he chuckles nervously once more.

"Well, I'll be leaving to the store then. I'll be back soon, I promise..."

"You just try to relax for now."

He grabbed a green hat and put it on his head, blending into the shadows. He swiftly walks up the staircase, and you're left alone, sitting in your bed, in a silent room.