The King

The air around you was thin, and the room had a dark, unsettling aura.

The king laughed, a terrorizing chuckle echoing through the castle. You gripped onto Ralsei and embraced him tightly. You felt his breaths onto your neck. He was breathing shallowly. His eyes were half opened, and he trembled lightly.

He whispered softly to you.

"Y/N, set me down, I can help. Just let me help," he pleaded.

You embraced him tighter before you reluctantly set him down gently.

He looked into your eyes and gave you a smile. As he blinked, a tear rolled from his eye.

He stared back at the king with a feirce expression. He forced on a smile.

"Mr.King, " he said in a painfully sweet voice.

" I must request that you let us both go."

" HA ! " The king stomped and sent the floor
quaking.

" Only a fool would spare a lightner and their petty sympathizer! "

Ralsei attempted to reason with the king.

"Your heart doesn't have to be cracked with hatred! This is your destiny."
He looked into the king's dark gaze, into his shadow filled expression.

" Do not try to reason with me, light bringer! "

His echoing voice roared throughout the halls.

The king revealed a chain with a sharp spade-shaped blade at the end. He chuckled deeply and spun it midair. He was ready to attack.

You saw the chain lunge at you with full speed. You freeze, defenseless. Your heart was racing, you were breathing heavily, the thin air forcing you to be constantly out of breath.

You could have sworn you felt your heart stop.

The chain stops abruptly the moment before it would have made contact with you. It hovers in place, menacingly.

In front of you is a lime sheild, made out of thin green air. It's magical, and holding the chain in place.

You glance back at Ralsei, his eyes shining with a pink glimmer. His paw is extended, and he focuses his energy on the sheild. He breathes heavily.

The King chuckles as Ralsei collapses onto the cold floor, using the last of his power to protect you. The sheild fades as Ralsei forces himself to stand back up.

The King tugs violently at the chain.

" You shall pay for your sins, Lightner!"

He shouts as he readies the chain. He spins it in the air and disgustingly smiles, his expression filled with darkness.

Without warning, he chucks the chain directly at you. You jump out of the way, but the chain catches your ankle, and you trip as the sharp edge of the spade slices into your flesh.

You crawl away as the King pulls the chain back. You stand shaking, your leg injured.

"Now, criminal prince,"

The King says as he stares at Ralsei. Ralsei, however, doesn't look back at him, and avoids eye contact.

The King chuckles to himself once more, before he recollects and speaks.

"Your life, or theirs?"

Without another thought, Ralsei helplessly kneels and blinks a tear out of his eye. He looks down and closes his eyes, his form proper and obedient.

The King readies his chain, his smile ugly and evil.