Neighbors

As the ship set down aphra stood up. "So what is this place?" She asked as she stood up. "And how do you know we'll be safe here?"

"The imperials don't come here often" (y/n) replied with a shrug. "At least not when I used to be here more often. My neighbors are rebels so I figured if they're safe here then so are we" The boy stood from his seat. "Speaking of which that droid of theirs better have been watering my cactus" the boy quickly jolted to the exit ramp.

Aphra on the other hand made her way to Sana to wake her up.

Once (y/n) was off the ship he quickly walked towards his kitchen. "God damn it Roger!" He yelled angrily as he picked up his dead cactus. The boy quickly went back into the main room and walked right past Aphra and the half sleeping Sana. He walked out the door and directly to the one opposite it. He violently knocked on the door.

"Coming!" A robotic voice called. A moment later the door opened and the self proclaimed last of the battle droids appeared from behind it. "Oh! Hi (y/n)!"

"I gave you one job RO-GR

"I gave you one job RO-GR. One job! Keep my cactus alive" the boy held the dead plant up for the droid to see. "Now he's dead. Dead..." he sighed.

"Uh- sorry?" RO-GR rubbed the back of his metallic head. "We've been off The Wheel for a while now. Hiding from the empire. We finally got them off our trail long enough to be able to come back here and grab some things. They'll find us soon enough though"

"So the wheel isn't safe anymore?" (Y/n) asked with a sigh. "That's just great. I came back here to help hide someone from Vader and the empire"

"You're having Vader problems too?" RO-GR asked as he tilted his head. "Small galaxy"

"Vader is after you guys?" (Y/n) asked surprised. "What could a few kids and a battle droid possibly do in order to warrant Vaders attention?"

"That's... a long story" RO-GR replied with a robotic sigh. "But now the emperor is sending Vader and a murder-bot after us"

"Damn you guys are having it rough" (y/n) laughed a bit at their expense. "Mind if I come in Roger? One of the two people I'm hiding is probably mad at me for stunning her. I don't feel like having that conversation right now"

"Come on in" the Droid replied with a nod as he got out of the doorway. (Y/n) walked inside past the droid and looked around the room. He didn't see anyone, just scraps and half assembled ships.

"Freemakers! You here?" (Y/n) called out into the large room. It was silent for a moment before he heard something opening. (Y/n) turned to see the Freemakers main ship, the StarScavenger. The landing ramp was lowering and out came the family.

(Thanks LuciGoosey7O7 for editing Naare out of the picture

(Thanks LuciGoosey7O7 for editing Naare out of the picture. Also seeing these characters with noses is so weird. If you know you know)

"(Y/n)!" Rowan, the youngest of the Freemakers, quickly ran over to him.

"What're you doing here?" Zander Freemaker, the other male of the family, asked curiously as he and their sister, Kordi, made their way over to (y/n) and Rowan.

"Hiding a client from Vader" (y/n) replied with a shrug. "I thought nobody would check here but Roger made sure I knew I was wrong"

"Right..." Kordi laughed nervously. "Sorry about that"

"Just be happy I don't turn you in for whatever bounty is on you guys" (y/n) replied with a shrug.

"Yeah it's pretty high-" Rowan replied only for Kordi to quickly cover the boys mouth with her hand, successfully muffling his next words.

"Wait really?" (Y/n) asked only to get a sad look from Kordi. "Whatever. Point is now we need a new place to hide out from Vader"

"We?" Zander asked as he crossed his arms. "As in all of us?" He motioned to the people around the room.

"No. Not we as in us us. We as in me and my clients" (y/n) replied exasperatedly. "You pay me or prove to be useful and I'm happy to help you too. But until then it's just me and my new clients"

"We can be useful!" Rowan added quickly. "I'm a-" Kordi quickly covered the boys mouth again. He shut up and his sister moved his hand. "Stop doing that. We know (y/n), we can trust him right? So why not tell him"

"Sure" (y/n) lied with a shrug. "I'm totally a trustworthy guy. Definitely not evil incarnate, no sir"

"Real convincing (y/n)" Kordi crossed her arms. "But fine. He'd find out anyways just by going on the holonet and searching up the bounties on us"

"Just tell me already" (y/n) said starting to sound impatient. Rowan looked to his brother for confirmation only to get a shrug. Rowan sighed before shoving his hand into his pocket and pulling something out. "Is that a lightsaber?"

"I'm a Jedi... or training to be one" Rowan replied as he ignited the lightsaber. The saber glowed a bright blue as Rowan carefully swung it around.

"Cool" (y/n) replied before snatching the lightsaber out of the boys hand. "Let me see this"

"Hey! Give that back!" Rowan tried to grab the lightsaber back but (y/n) held it out of his reach and laughed at him. "I'm keeping this"

"Hey no fair!" Rowan replied as he jumped up and tried to grab the lightsaber back.

"Rowan..." kordi shook her head and crossed her arms. "Just use the force to grab it back. He took it so he can see you do that"

"Oh. Right" Rowan let out a nervous laugh before using the force to pull the lightsaber out of (y/n)'s hands and into his own.

"Wizard" (y/n) said before nodding. "Maybe you could be helpful"

Word count: 1061

(Yep. As long as we're going into obscure parts of the canon I figured we may as well add the Freemakers. Only the canon parts though... kinda. I know Zander is the only one not mentioned directly in canon but his daughter is canon so I'm including him)