Calm Before The Storm

(Transformers is not mine. If it was I would be rich and not a middle class citizen. lol
The picture above is not mine either. I just found out it's from an official colouring book.
Man I'm slow.
"talking"
'thinking'
-Cybertronian speech-
-Comm speech-
Enjoy!)

Spike smiled as his brother in everything but blood came to pick him up. He was not avoiding the others, no, not quite, he was just unsure of himself currently. Okay, maybe he was avoiding them but no one could blame him for it especially after what happened four days ago. And to his utter mortification, it happened in Ratchet's med bay of all places. He had gone to the med bay to avoid being near them in the first place too. Carly had to help him escape citing they had important high school assignment.

Flashback:

Carly looked at Spike's predicament with a ticked off expression before stomping over to the mechs and femmes bothering him. She was a little thankful at least the minibots had more tact and understanding and backed off a bit. She had gotten the summary of what happened to Spike from Gold Bug and despite not being told everything, she understood what was left unsaid. How could she not when women around the world including herself feared it more than Decepticons.

Carly jumped in on their conversation, "Spike have you finished your maths and accounts assignments yet?"

Spike shook his head, "Not yet. I was planning on doing it though."

Carly, "Great help me with maths and I'll help you with the accounts."

One of the femmes, Carly thinks is Thunderblitz piped in, "I can help you with maths. I'm a pro back in Cybertron."

The mech who went by Soundshock glared at the femme, "As if femme! I'll help him."

Carly gave her famous, do not argue with me, smile, "No you will not. Students can only ask other students for help. No adults are allowed to interfere. It is the rules."

Ratchet snickered, he had always adored the human femme child and treated her like one of his own. She could corral the most rowdy human children and get them to behave especially the younger children. Ratchet decided to intervene after seeing how uncomfortable Spike was starting to get at the shameless insistence. Really, how are they the same species again? How?

Ratchet grunted seriously, "Okay that's just enough out of both of you. Now unless you have medical problems or require urgent maintenance. I suggest you leave the kids to their work and get out. Or I'll take your presence as a good reason for medical treatment and bind you glitches to the medical berth till I find the problem. Ya hear me?"

The Mechs and Femmes cringed at the threat and backed off, out of the med bay. Spike was feeling very mortified but Carly soon distracted him by taking out the assignment sheet and getting to it. Spike could feel their worried gazes from time to time and was thankful they didn't say anything till he left with Gold Bug. What he didn't know was both Ratchet and Carly went to talk to Optimus about it and the young female teen explained about the rape cases that happened on earth. She showed both of them the crime rate against women and children. To say Optimus and Ratchet were a combination of being worried about Spike, very disgusted by the acts of some humans and disappointed in the soldiers was a real understatement.

Flashback end!

Optimus had made a rule that day and told the new arrivals to not approach Spike unless he approached them first. The aftermath of how some of the victims ended up really worried him and he ordered Gold Bug to drop some of his less important missions and prioritize his adopted brother instead. Gold Bug did not mind he loved spending time with Spike but he wished he had not asked why he was doing it. Optimus had sent him the data package Carly had shared with him and Ratchet. And Gold Bug's reaction was mix between being terrified and not at all amused with his teammates antics.