two.

( closer to you

( closer to you. )

────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────

"why are you so intent on following me?"

the school day had just ended. the sky was a bright blue fading to a warm orange. sousuke had just picked up his camera from his locker and was on his way to take photos in the school garden.

that was until a certain blondie had insisted on accompanying him. sousuke was confused, for photography was boring to watch someone else do. kou would not leave him alone, no matter what he was doing.

"come on mitsuba, let's just hang out! like friends do!" kou looked eagerly at the unamused boy in front of him. "we're not friends." sousuke walked in the other direction, ignoring the endless complaining.

"hey- where are you going?!" kou chased after sousuke and grabbed his hand. he shook his hand away from kou's forceful grasp, much to his disappointment.

"the river. there's no way i'll be able to take photos here anyway," sousuke huffed. "what river?" asked kou, "ah- there's a really pretty river here. nobody really knows about it so it's always been my personal space."

──────────────────────

sousuke's thoughts returned to when he was about eight or nine. his father had passed away recently, and he was roaming around the town aimlessly. that was until he spotted a squirrel running carefree through the thick forest brush.

he was captivated. he couldn't help but follow the small creature as it scampered farther into the forest. the rodent had led sousuke to a glistening river, hidden by the dense thicket.

he smiled at the little creature. he kneeled down and patted his lap. the squirrel leapt into his arms excitedly. he and the squirrel spent the rest of the day together.

sousuke knew he was bad at making friends, but this was far below his expectations. his first friend being a literal rodent? that was something so disgraceful to his own pride, yet somehow he did not mind it one bit.

sadly, he never encountered the squirrel again - though it still was his friend in his heart. at least now, he had a place to go when he was upset.

──────────────────────

"it's your personal space? then why did you tell me about it?" kou inquired. sousuke hid his face from kou in embarrassment. "just be appreciative i shared something important to myself with you, alright?! jeez, how ungrateful could someone be?"