three.

( floriography

( floriography. )

────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────

the day of the cafe 'date' came. kou took a while to get ready, which was rather unlike him. normally, he'd be ready in about five-to-ten minutes. but now, he had a record thirty.

breakfast and lunch had already been prepared for his siblings, so he had nothing else to do besides bike his way to the cafe.

kou and sousuke had discussed the plan on their phones. they would meet at 8:30, and they'd stay together as long as they want to.

sousuke had told kou that this cafe was his favourite, so obviously there was no better option. it was close to kou's house too.

he had decided he did not want to show up empty handed. he wanted to get sousuke a gift of some sort, but he wasn't really sure what he likes.

well, he did know what he likes. sousuke likes rabbits, photography, the colour pink, ribbons, you get the point. he just didn't know what to get him.

what about a stuffed animal? he wasn't sure if sousuke would be the type to have those.

a ribbon for his hair? he has a lot already. he wouldn't need nor want another one.

film for his camera? the nearest photography shop is twenty-five minutes away, and it was nearly 8:00.

and then he passed by a flower shop. he remembered something else sousuke likes.

flowers.

'mitsuba's such a girly-girl.' kou thought to himself, a stupid smile forming on his face. thank god sousuke wasn't here. he'd be made fun of to the moon and back.

a bell chimed as he opened the door, the petals of some purple orchids near the entrance brushing against his skin.

they were pretty, but weren't very sousuke-like.

"hello! if you need any help, i'll be right here!" a kind voice greeted him. kou looked up to see a girl with pale locks fading to green at the tips. she must be the shopkeeper.

"alright, thank you! hey, do you go to kamome academy?" kou muttered to the girl ahead of him.

"oh - i do, how did you know?" she replied. "i just recognise you, that's all. my name's minamoto kou, i'm in class 3-A. middle school division. what about you?"

"mine is yashiro nene, i'm in the high school division, class 1-A!" nene held her hand out, and kou shook her hand. "i'll look around and let you know if i need any help." nene nodded her head and headed to the back of the store.

when he entered the shop, it was 8:00 in the morning. now, it was nearly 8:30. the time he and sousuke were supposed to meet.

he just couldn't pick out a flower to get. the flowers were all beautiful, that was true, but none of them were fit to give sousuke. kou wanted this gift to mean something. even if sousuke didn't care.

he wanted to get the perfect flower.

that's when he remembered what nene had told him, he could ask her for help. he would gladly take any advice she had to give. with three minutes remaining until the clock hit 8:30, kou walked up to nene, who now stood at the counter.

"you want to get flowers for your friend? hmm..." she pondered. kou gulped. if she couldn't solve his problem, then...

"i've got it!" nene stood up, going to the back of the shop to search for some flowers.

two minutes later, she returned with a couple flowers in her arms.

"this one's a dahlia, this is a hydrangea, and this one is called baby's breath." she said, putting the flowers down. kou stood with his mouth agape.

"they're... perfect."

nene smiled in pride. "i told you! anyways, which one would you like?"

"is it okay if i took them all? like in a small bouquet?" kou said, still in awe of the beautiful flowers in front of him.

"wow, okay! of course you can. i'll be back in just a little bit." nene ran off, presumably to put the bouquet together.

kou checked his phone for the time. it was already 8:36. he chuckled just thinking of the reaction sousuke would have to the fact that kou had arrived probably over ten minutes late.

──────────────────────

the moment nene returned with the bouquet, kou was too stunned to speak. it was perfect. it was just so... sousuke.

the way each flower complemented the other, it was something only seen in someone's best dream.

"it's beautiful..." he said. nene grinned. "i'm glad you like it! let's head to the counter for the payment." she said, handing kou the perfectly crafted bouquet.

kou paid for the bouquet and bid nene farewell. he kept looking at the bouquet he held in his hand, thinking about sousuke's reaction to the present.

his phone buzzed. as if on cue, sousuke had texted him asking him where the hell he was. he typed out a quick response.

──────────────────────

" i'm sorry, mitsuba! i forgot something. i'll be right there, i promiseee. "

" you better not stand up a cute boy like me!! "

" calm down haha, i'll be there in 5! "

──────────────────────

he just couldn't wait to give him his gift.