6

☆꧁ᴘᴀʀᴛ 6꧂☆

"I found my cross in a crypt in Genoa, but I didn't know it was a key to a much bigger fortune," Chloe explains to Nate and Florence . "Sully knew." Chloe says turning towards sully with a fake smile.

Sully looks at her and flashes a quick smile.

"Doesn't say what happens after we turn the keys." Chloe continues.

Florence grabs the journal, reading the passage "Trust in your fellow man, for one will go to heaven and the other to hell." She says with a confused face.

Nate grabs three glasses of wine. "Well, it's ironic, seeing as the only point in having two keys," he hands Florence and Chloe their glasses "was that the 18 didn't trust each other." He finishes of handing sully a glass.

"Well, good thing they didn't or we wouldn't be here, right?" Sully says raising his glass. "Like one big happy family." He says in a sarcastic way, while looking at the girls.

"Toast." Sully announces

They all stand up raising their glasses

"All right, Arriba, abajo, al Centro y pa dentro." Sully says

Everyone takes a sip of their wine.

"hey, kid slow down. That's a vintage rioja, all right?" Sully says irritated.  Nate continues to chug the wine. "You might wanna just taste and savour it." Sully comments. Nate finished the glass. "or chug it down like you're on spring break. All good." Sully says going back to his wine.

"I'm onto you, you know." Chloe says to sully. "Sully" she says sitting up, trying to get his attention.

Sully turns around in his sleeping position "what?" He asks annoyed

"He's Sam's brother, isn't he." She ask lowly

"Oh wow, you cracked the case. Great job." He praises her sarcastically

Chloe looks at him with a serious face. "Does she know?"

Sully looks at her "Of course she knows she figured it out a while back, which isn't much of a surprise she was close to Sam." He says

Chloe decided to go on "Does he know what happened?"

"Not yet, I'm gonna tell him. I promised Flo I would." He says tiredly

"When." Chloe lets out.

While this happening in the other room Florence and Nate are having their own little chat as well.

"Hey, I never asked before but what did Chloe say to you when you went up to her?" Nate ask Florence curiously.

Florence looks at him weirdly "why so curious?" She ask him.

Nate lets out a sigh "I don't know you just looked really hurt after, and I wanted to know why." He says taking a sip of his wine.

Florence looks down "it's nothing really, I just though she knew she could trust me.. but um clearly She doesn't." She says with a hint of sadness.

Nate looks at her sadly. "Well don't worry about it." He says moving over to her. "She'll come around." Nate says to her with certainty. Florence nods at him letting out a small smile.

"Hey, did you know my brother by chance." Nate ask Florence all of a sudden.

Florence tenses up and lets out a "yes." taking a big gulp of her wine, clearly not expecting that.

Nate notices her sudden change in demeanour. "Were you guys close?" He ask her curious to her relation with his brother.

"Sam was one of my good friends.. like a brother." She says with a sad tone.

"Do you know where he is?" Nate questions her.

She looks up at him. "No I don't Nate." She says sadly. Nate looks down with a tearful expression. "I just miss him so much." He says in a hurt tone. Florence looks down at him "Yeah me too." Florence says in a whisper.

She decides to move closer to him, pulling him into a hug. At first Nate is shocked by her sudden affection, but gives in and wraps his arms around her waist tightly.

After a few seconds they pull out of the hug and are close to each other's face. Nate looks at Florence's eyes and then to her lips. Slowly they both move in. But Florence's pulls away fast."Um.. I think we should go check on the others." She says trying to collect herself.

"Yeah sure."Nate says clearing his throat. "Why don't we take this last bottle of wine to the others?" He says while standing up grabbing the bottle. He offers his hand helping her up. both making their way to the other room.

"Who's still thirsty?" Nate and Florence walk in. "I found another bottle of red." Nate says holding up the bottle.

Nate walks towards Chloe handing her the bottle, which she accepts. While Florence walks towards her dad sitting near his feet on the couch.

Sully looks towards Nate "hey kid, you think she's okay?" He says to Nate with concern in his voice.

Nate looks at sully confused "who?" He says.

"My cat." He says in an obvious tone.

Florence looks at her dad "you have a cat?" She says with a chuckle.

Sully looks at her with a serious expression. "yes I do, and the man from the app said he'd feed her, but he didn't text me back yet." He says worried.

"I don't know what's cuter. Your concern, or the fact that you said "the man form the app". Nate says trying to stifle a laugh.

"Ugh just stop." Sully says clearly done, and turns back to sleep.

All three of them let out a laugh, finishing their wine and making small talk while sully sleeps away.

- sorry for the short chapter the next one will be longer...