9

☆꧁ᴘᴀʀᴛ 9꧂☆

"You got that key?"

"Yeah." Florence says, as she sticks the key in the slot above. As she rotates the key a sudden noise is heard from above and a small amount of dust falls. They all look up as they hear gears turning in a fast pace. They feel a huge weight under them and suddenly look down.

"Water."

"A lot of water." Florence says, terrified. Suddenly the water increases from the bottom and reaches their feet. "Omg." Nate screams out, while he shines the light down. "This has to be a test! The 18 have built an escape, right?" He says, with uncertainty as he looks at them.

"What did the journal say again?"

"Uhh.. it said "trust in your fellow man, for one shall go to heaven, the other to hell." Nate recites "trust in your fellow man, for one-

Suddenly they all look at each other in realization "Sully!"

"Sully! There has to be another keyhole up there somewhere that opens this door!" Nate yells out. As he continues to yell things to sully through the ear piece, both Florence and Chloe search around looking for another way out.

As the water increase to there mid body, Nate starts to bang harshly at the door above. "Sully!" He shouts again. "Hurry!"

"Shut up I'm working on it."

Florence continues to use her strength to push up at the door. "We will shut up when you get us outta here." Florence replies, out of frustration. Suddenly she hears a huge commotion through the ear piece and looks at Nate with confusion.

"What's going on?!"

"Sully, if you don't turn the damn key we're gonna drown." Nate says as he moves around searching the walls.

"That's gonna take a little longer than I thought, kid." Sully chokes out.

The water now rises rapidly as the trio searches for another way out. Nate quickly swims back to the girls in the middle. "You guys gotta help me. We gotta try to get this grate up, okay?" They both nod and all three descend down into the water. As they pull harshly at the grate trying to pry it open. After a while they all emerge up again, inhaling in breathes. The water now engulfing them, lying under their necks.

"Sully! it's now or never, buddy! We're running out of options down here!" Nate shouts out, while spitting out water.

"Nate! Look at me." Nate directs his focus on Florence. "we can do this, all three of us can do this." She says, confidently."Okay, We can do this." Nate breaths out as the water starts to cover their faces. "Deep breaths." Chloe states. All three of the suck in a huge breath and then emerge back under the water as it fills the room.

Chloe and Florence pound on the side entrances, as Nate continues to pound at the one on top. As Chloe moves to help Nate, Florence stays back feeling herself slowly drift off from the loss of air. Chloe and Nate hear a click above them and push the door again, leaving it to open up abruptly. They both move up and grip the sides quick to breath in the air. As Nate moves around he notices someone missing.

"Florence!"

He takes in a huge breath and quickly pushes himself underwater, searching for the small brunette. As he turns around he notices her unconscious body floating in the distance. He swiftly makes his ways over to her, pulling her to him and towards the entrance above. As they re-emerge from the water Chloe helps Nate lift Florence up.