Chapter 021-040

Chapter 21 Yellow Sugar Bayberry Juice

    Cheng Yaoyao's face would change eight hundred times a day, but Xie San still couldn't fathom the pattern. He put away his things and went to the big rock to get back Cheng Yaoyao's shoes. The sun was hot and they had already dried.

    Xie San put the shoes at Cheng Yaoyao's feet, and Bai Shengsheng stepped her feet on it immediately, almost stepping on Xie San's fingers. Her skin was as soft as satin, and her heels were also smooth and soft. When she rubbed against the skin on the top of the back of her hand, sparks were rubbed, and it was burning for a while.

    Crossing the stream this time, Cheng Yaoyao was cautious, first slowly dipping his feet into the water, stepping on the cobblestone to stand still, and then extending her other foot. The stream rushes over happily, staring at the water surface will give people the illusion of being swayed by the waves and shaking.

    Cheng Yaoyao grabbed the handle of Xie San's hatchet and carefully crossed the stream. This time, she was not bitten by a snake or slipped, and landed safely.

    This little horse crossing the river greatly increased Cheng Yaoyao's confidence, and even threatened to cross the river by himself tomorrow. Xie San was silent, the stream didn't even reach his ankles, hearing Cheng Yaoyao's tone sounded like she was about to cross the Yalu River.

    The road from the soybean field back to the village is really long. It was fine when I came, but the road back became very long, very long. What's more, Cheng Yaoyao worked hard today. The sore muscles yesterday were not rested, and they were forcibly used. She was so tired that she fell apart.

    Cheng Yaoyao walked slower and slower, and in the end, she was just dragging her feet. Xie San carried everything on his back and slowed down to accommodate her, but Cheng Yaoyao still hummed: "I can't walk."

    Cheng Yaoyao said again: "I want to ride a bicycle."

    This is unreasonable trouble.

    Xie San was silent for a moment, then untied the rope around his waist and handed it to her: "I'll drag you away."

    "I'm not a dog!" Cheng Yaoyao was exasperated.

    After a while, Cheng Yaoyao dragged the rope and hung her weight on Xie San. Xie San held the rope and faced the sunset, feeling in a trance that he was dragging a small animal.

    Still approaching the entrance of the village, Xie San put away the rope and walked away from Cheng Yaoyao. He also went to the back mountain to collect a bundle of firewood, and Cheng Yaoyao went home by herself with Yangmei and cherries.

    In the evening, women in every household are busy, squatting at the door to wash rice and vegetables. There is nothing else in Tianshui Village. There are the most green vegetables, beans, bitter gourd, loofah and fungus, which can be put into the pot by rubbing it with water in a wooden basin.

    While picking vegetables, the women gossip enthusiastically, and the character at the center of the conversation is Cheng Yaoyao.

    That extraordinarily beautiful eldest lady from the city, with eyes on the top of her head, even the son of the village party secretary, came back yesterday on the bicycle of the landlord's son!

    "That female educated youth's hand is still around Xie San's waist, really!"

    Zhang Aihua, a well-known lazy woman in the village, sat at the entrance of the village and spoke with spittle, nose and eyes.