Chapter Six

A third solution. A way to break out of the mold. Alluna thought he only had two options, but Midoriya did something completely unexpected.

"You cannot become a hero with that quirk of yours."

One glance at Aizawa told her that he had not expected Midoriya's actions either. And a nod from him proved that no one would be expelled today. So if Midoriya could do it...

The rest of the quirk tests passed pretty uneventfully. At last, it was time for the rankings. Alluna glanced at Aizawa, and he nodded, announcing to the class that he lied about expelling the last student, causing an uproar of surprised students. Alluna smiled to herself.

And with that, the rankings were revealed.

1 Yaoyorozu Momo

2 Todoroki Shoto

3 Bakugo Katsuki

4 Iida Tenya

5 Tokoyami Fumikage

6 Shoji Mezo

7 Ojiro Mashirao

8 Kirishina Eijiro

9 Ashido Mina

10 Uraraka Ochaco

11 Koda Koji

12 Sato Rikido

13 Asui Tsuyu

14 Aoyoma Yuuga

15 Sero Hanta

16 Kaminari Denki

17 Jiro Kyoka

18 Hagakure Tooru

19 Mineta Minoru

20 Midoriya Izuku

Alluna smiled at the results. They were more or less what she predicted, with the top and bottom three being accurate without a fault. Yaoyorozu Momo and Todoroki Shoto had gotten in from recommendations, so she didn't see them during the entrance exam. But observing them during the quirk assessment test proved their worth as recommendations students. They were strong, with versatile quirks. Alluna knew she was jealous, but ignored the feeling.

Class 1A was full of interesting students, and she hoped to get to know them throughout the next year.

~~~

UA had the best food Alluna had ever tasted. Their cook, Lunch Rush, was famous for his expert dishes, and Alluna had never loved food more in her life. Especially since she was used to eating leftovers.

During the end of the prior term, Alluna had eaten lunch in the teacher's lounge, usually with Aizawa, Yamada, or Kayama. She did the same during the first two days of the new term as well. The cafetorium was too crowded for her. What if something happened? But today, as Alluna was exiting the cafetorium, she was noticed by Midoriya and Uraraka.

So somehow, she ended up eating lunch with the hero students, making casual conversation with Midoriya, Uraraka, and Iida Tenya, the boy with engines for ankles.

And somehow, the question of "who's your favorite hero" got brought up.

And Alluna couldn't escape now.

So after Midoriya went on a rant about All Might being the best, Uraraka's squeal on rescue hero Thirteen, and Iida's introduction to his older brother, Ingenium, they all turned to Alluna, waiting for her answer.

Alluna did not have a favorite hero. In fact, while these students grew up admiring heroes, Alluna grew up being terrified of their names.

"I should give you to the heroes, see what they'll do to a little monster like you!"

But the three students were still waiting, so Alluna had to think of an answer. Quick.

"U-um, I like all of them..." was the first thing that came to mind.

Midoriya and Uraraka looked disappointed at that, but Iida spoke up. "That is a very honorable answer, Alluna-san!" he said, waving his arms up and down like a robot.

Midoriya and Uraraka nodded in agreement, but Uraraka still spoke up. "Are you sure you don't have a favorite?"

Alluna was about to nod, when a face flashed through her head. "Actually..."

"Actually?"

"I think," she paused, hiding under her hair, "I think Eraser-Head's pretty cool."

Uraraka squealed in a very Kayama-like way. Midoriya and Iida were smiling.

"I think he'd like to know that."

Alluna's eyes widened. She opened her mouth to speak when a piercing siren blasted throughout the room. Alluna gasped, covering her ears.

Panicked chatter spread throughout the room as a robotic voice spoke. "Security Level Three has been breached. Students, please promptly evacuate."

People were standing up, running, panicking, everywhere. It was too loud, it was too crowded, Alluna was drowning, she couldn't breathe, couldn't think. People were pushing, shoving, racing to get out of the room. Someone pushed Alluna, and she fell. She stayed on the ground, panting. The air was unbearably hot. Any longer and she'd have to use it.

Ice.

The ground froze in a two feet radius underneath her, a thin sheet of ice. Alluna looked up at the heterochromatic boy above her.

"Are you okay?" Todoroki Shoto asked.

~~~

It was a false alarm.

It turned out that some news reporters had broken the front gate in an attempt to get to All Might. Nobody was hurt and Iida managed to stop the chaos with the help of Uraraka's quirk. That got him nominated as class president.

As for Todoroki, he had helped Alluna calm down in all the chaos. He helped her up and held her hand as they maneuvered toward the exit together. He was a bit of an awkward person, but Alluna was grateful for his help. She decided that he'd be a good hero in the future.

At the end of the day, Alluna accompanied Aizawa and the other teachers in their examination of the destruction of school grounds. Workers were already rebuilding the gate, but anyone could tell that it was completely decimated. Could a group of reporters really do this? Even Alluna was skeptical.

But there was no other candidate, so they were forced to accept it. Nevertheless, Alluna and Aizawa drove home in a state of mild worry.

In the car, Aizawa brought up the subject of the next day's plans; a rescue practice at the USJ.

"It stands for 'Unforeseen Simulation Joint'," Aizawa explained.

"Will I be coming?"

"If you'd like," Aizawa agreed. "Or you could stay at school with Hizashi and Nemuri."

"No, I think I'll come," Alluna decided, smiling. She was still ten; a curious child. All of the other UA facilities had been extremely high-tech and fancy. Was it her fault to want to see more?

"Alright." Aizawa turned the corner into the driveway. "I'll inform All Might and Thirteen."

"Thirteen?" Uraraka would be excited.

"A pro hero." Aizawa stopped the car.

"I know." Alluna unbuckled her seatbelt, opening the car door. She smiled as she walked up beside Aizawa. "I'm looking forward to it."

It wasn't until tomorrow did she realize how wrong she was.

~~~

1065 words