Chapter Seven

Standing at the front entrance of the USJ made Alluna decide that it met all its high standards — and then some. The excited chatter of Class 1A beside her showed that they definitely agreed. Statements such as "Whoa!", and "Is this Universal Studios Japan?" could be heard echoing throughout the main entrance.

The facility was huge. Separated into six different disaster zones, plus the main entrance and central plaza, it was the perfect place for any natural disaster rescue practice.

The space hero Thirteen stood in front of them, arms spread wide to introduce the spectacle. "The flood zone. The landslide zone. The conflagration zone, etc." The rescue hero paused for dramatic effect. "Every disaster and accident you can imagine. I built the facility myself. I call it..."

Thirteen waved her arms about. "The 'Unforeseen Simulation Joint'!"

Everyone clapped, obviously impressed. Thirteen had made this all herself? That was impressive no matter how you looked at it.

As the students marveled over Thirteen, Alluna found herself next to Aizawa. The taller male glanced down at her. "What do you think?"

Alluna gazed around the giant facility. "It's so...amazing." She glanced to the side. "I don't have a better word to describe it." She gazed down at the various disaster zones. "Wouldn't it be cool to work in it?" She hid beneath her hair, murmuring under her breath. "I'm jealous."

Aizawa smiled down at her. "Maybe you'll work here one day." And before Alluna had the time to process his words, he nodded to Thirteen who came up beside him. "Let's get started."

"Maybe you'll work here one day."

Thirteen raised a hand, addressing the whole class. "Before we do, I have a few points." She paused as the chatter stopped. "As I'm sure many of you are aware, my quirk is called Black Hole. It can suck in and tear apart anything."

Alluna blinked. That seems kind of dangerous...

"And you've used it to save people in all sorts of disasters!" Midoriya cheered.

"Indeed," Thirteen agreed. "However, my power could kill easily."

Alluna froze.

"I've no doubt there are some among you with similar abilities."

Alluna clenched her hands into fists, pushing bile down her throat with unsteady breaths. Someone would notice at this point. She focused on her breathing, unclenching her hands and blocking out Thirteen's words. Once she deemed herself calm enough, Alluna looked back at Thirteen.

"It may seem that this system is a stable one. But we must never forget that it only takes one wrong move with an uncontrollable quirk or people to die."

Alluna flinched. Thirteen's words echoed through her mind. "It only takes one wrong move for people to die." The words hit home more than the pale-haired girl wanted to admit. She forced herself to look at Thirteen as the hero continued her speech.

"During Aizawa's physical fitness test, you came to learn of your own hidden potential. Through All Might's battle training, you experienced the danger that your respective quirks can pose to others."

Alluna started calming down, steadying her breathing.

"This class will show you a new perspective! You will learn how to utilize your quirks to save lives. Your powers are not meant to inflict harm. I hope you leave here with the understanding that you're meant to help people."

Help people. Save lives. Could it really be done? Thirteen had a dangerous quirk, one some might even call a villainous quirk. But she was a hero.

Thirteen bowed, completing her speech. "That is all! Thank you for listening."

Everyone clapped, Alluna joining. She glanced up as she heard Aizawa sigh, leaning against a railing. "Great. First off..."

The black-haired man trailed off as he glanced over the railing, distracted by a purple swirl of smoke that seemed to grow in size until it was large enough for one pale hand to snake through. Then a long-haired man with ash gray hands covering his entire body crawled through, red eyes staring straight at the hero.

"Huddle up and don't move!" Aizawa shouted in warning.

Alluna and the others froze.

"Thirteen! Protect the students!"

It seemed the day wasn't going quite as planned. Dozens of villains spilled out of the portal, all hulking masses of muscle and brawn.

Class 1A burst out talking. "What the heck is that? More battle robots? Like during the entrance exam?"

I don't think so...

Aizawa was inclined to agree. "Don't move. Those are..."

"Villains!"

~~~

Chaos. That was what followed. Everyone started shouting at once, in various toes of disbelief. Why were there villains at a school for heroes?

Villains who want to attack those heroes.

Yaoyorozu Momo, vice president of class 1A turned to Thirteen. "Sensei, aren't there intruder sensors?"

"Yes, of course there are!" Thirteen replied hurriedly.

"Are they only here more also at the main building?" Todoroki asked, narrowing his eyes. "Either way, if the sensors aren't working, it has to be one of their quirks doing it."

Alluna listened intently as the half-and-half boy continued explaining. "This place is far from the campus, and they picked a time when there'd be few people here. So maybe they're not as dumb as they seem. They must have an objective. Because this is a well-coordinated sneak attack."

A well-coordinated attack. A target? Who could it be? Aizawa? Thirteen?

Aizawa was preparing to attack, leaning over the railing. He turned back to glance at the class. "Thirteen! Begin evacuation! And try calling the school! One of these villains must be jamming the sensors. There's a good chance one of their electric-type It'd be causing the interference."

He faced Kaminari Denki, a boy who had an electricity-based quirk. "Kaminari. Try using your quirk to signal for help."

"Got it!"

"But sensei," Midoriya protested, "You can't fight them all alone! Against that many, even you can't nullify all their quirks! As Eraser-Head, your fighting style involves your quirk and quick binding captures. Head-on battle isn't..."

Alluna briefly wondered how Midoriya knew so much about the underground hero, but the thought was quickly overshadowed by feelings of worry and pressure pushing at her insides. She clenched her hands tightly, waiting for Aizawa's next words.

"No good hero is a one-trick pony." He glanced back at Alluna and the student, meeting her eyes in silent reassurement just before his yellow goggles fell over them. He turned to his colleague. "Thirteen! Take care of them." And with those words, he leapt over the railing, towards the hoard of villains in the central plaza.

Alluna ran to the railing, holding her breath.

"Ranged squad. Let's move!" one of the villains yelled.

"Our intel said it was just supposed to be Thirteen and All Might! So who's this?" another questioned.

"Dunno! But he's coming at us all alone." a third one replied.

"A dead fool, then!" a final one yelled, preparing his ability, which took the form of guns on his fingers.

Aizawa, in midair, wrapped his binding cloth around two villains, just as one mumbled, "Huh? I can't shoot..."

And with one yank, he crashed their heads together, taking out them both.

"You idiots!" another villain yelled. "He can cancel out your quirks just by looking at ya!"

"That's Eraser-Head!"

~~~

1196 words