Chapter 5: Groccering the Vase Base (Part 1)

(Hoo boy, yup another 2 parter, this one the groceries, and part 2 being the vase and checkout!)

Alex had headed over to Jerry's Shop n' Stop, a usual mini-mart, with food and other wonders. She turned the paper with the errands list over, and saw another list, for the groceries, 'How considerate!' Alex thought happily, the list was;

Bread
Eggs
At least 12 cans of baked beans
10 cans of tomato soup
Maple Syrup
Sparkling water
Toaster Strudels
Mustard
Barbeque Sauce

"Well, that's all I need, and the vase of course." Alex quoted, as she put the list into the pocket of her jacket. She walked off into the isle for bread, seeing all the selections, from whole wheat to white, "Ok, I know what bread X usually gets." She grabbed 2 loaves of honey oat bread, 'Despite his menacing looks, he is just a sucker for honey oat bread.' Alex thought. She heard a voice behind her, energetic and girlish, "Hiya, Alex!" the voice squeaked. Alex recognized the voice, but could not really remember to whom it belonged to. The 1999 pc in her brain went off, slowly but steadily processing. 'Now who could that be... I just know that voice, but I can't put a finger on who it is!' Alex guessed. Was it the bright and bubbly Sarvente? Was it the ever so kind-hearted Sayori? Was it the adorable but tough-cookie Natsuki?

Alex turned to see a cotton candy pink hedgehog,with a red headband in her spikes, wearing a red dress, with red boots, a stripe within the middle, and gold bracelets as cuffs for the gloves. Alex had recognized this familiar stranger as Amy Rose "Oh, hello Amy. You getting groceries, too?" Alex asked out. Amy giggled, her arms swinging a little, "Hehe!~ Yep! I'm getting ingredients for a recipe that I'm making! It's for Sonic!" She squealed happily, in her usual fangirl tone. Alex just stood there, and she knew what it was, however, she decided to be smartly clueless, "Lemme guess, chilli dogs?" Alex asked sarcastically, as she already knew it was chilli dogs. She knew most people like the back of her hand. Amy chuckled "Yup! How did you know?" "Eh, I kinda expected it at this point." Alex shrugged, as she went back to her errands, "Welp, gotta get back to doin errands! C'ya, Amy!" Alex dismissed, "Bye, Alex!" Amy waved. Alex walked to the next few aisles to retrieve the canned foods.

Alex was looking through to look for the beans and soup. "C'mon, they were right here! Son of a-" "They changed the placing of the soup and beans. Move to the left a bit." A dark yet gritty voice told. Alex looked abit to her left, and saw what she needed, "Hey tha-" Soon Alex's eyes went to the size of dinner plates! It was nobody ordinary, but another hedgehog, with black spikes and red accents, rocket boots,
white chest fur, and gloves similar to Sonic's, except with red and black cuffs and gold bracelets at the start of said cuffs. It was Shadow! "Shadow?! What the bloody hell are ya doin' here? Shouldn't ya be at that G.U.N agency place or something?" Alex asked cautiously, yet confused. Shadow's eyes go.from glancing to the background to pierce into Alex's soul, his cold yet unfeeling gaze meeting her's, "Not much was happening nor were there any threats inbound, so I decided to go around town and help some people whom get confused." Shadow explained, "Oh ok." Alex spoke, and got the amount of cans for both the soup and beans, and placed them in the cart.

Within the next aisle, the frozen foods aisle, she saw someone she never met before, a man, in a hoodie, with headphones, wearing shorts along with high-top sneakers. Wether or not they had socks or not was a debate for Alex. She looked around, but could not find the strudels she needed. She looked at the entity with the hoodie, but they were talker than her, almost as tall as X, who was almost 7-8 feet tall. Alex yanked lightly at the loose end of the hoodie, "Excuse me Sir, but do you know where the toaster strudels are at?" Alex asked. The entity looked around, "Down he-" Before Alex could finish her sentence, the entity picked her up like a cat! Alex took a look to see it's face, but it looked closer to a miniature ball of void, similar to space.

"Pardon my language and not to seem rude, but what the fuck is goin' on with your face, my dude?" Alex panicked, her face so pale, that her chocolate freckles appeared to be dark spots on her face, "It's a glass helmet. My head is partial to that of the wonderfully beautiful yet deathly abyss that is the cosmos itself. I tend to receive that frequently, so I do not tend to care how or when I am questioned of the phenomenon." The guy said, his voice deeper than usual, but at a normal pitch. Alex looked at the guy, confused like an alley cat seeing the inside if a house, cautious yet curious, "Well, who are you?" Alex asked curiously. The man froze in shock, almost as if Alex said something rude! "Oh pardon me, where are my manners!" The entity put Alex down, as he shrunk down to 5"8, about 4 or 5 inches taller than Alex. With a bright gleam that of the sun in her eye, Alex was in awe. How did the mysterious stranger shrink down like that?

"Greetings to you, miss. I am DJ Subatomic Supernova, but you may refer to me as DJ Subatomic, DJ Supernova, or just Subatomic or Supernova if you please. And you are?" Alex blinked, "Oh, uh m-me? I'm Alex!" she blurted out awkwardly. "Interesting. Well, Alex, I must say, you are different. You are bold and seem to be filled with a likely ambition with a hopeful wisp of a determination, burning like a bonfire. You will not stop at anything, as long as you are close to fulfilling what you consider a quest or your destiny, you will never stop." DJ Subatomic explained. Alex's eyes lit up like a starry night within the country side. She never heard someone describe most of her moral code in what could be described as a description to a dark but epic novel, "Anyway, the toaster strudels are on the other side, to the right of the aisle...imbecile" DJ SS sighed under his breath. Alex looked over, and saw the Strawberry Cream Cheese toaster strudels she was looking for, "Oh, cool! Thanks, DJ Subatomic Supernova!" Alex appreciated and put them into her cart

Alex went into the condiments aisle. She put in the mustard, maple syrup, and barbeque sauce into her cart. As she was going to grab a bottle of ketchup, she saw a skeletal hand, within a blue hoodie sleeve. She already knew who it was, "Hey sans, ya wanna... ketchup?" She quipped. "haha. good one, al." sans chuckled, "i guess you have a bone to pick with me, eh?" sans asked. Alex giggled "Gee, you sure do have a funny bone for puns, don't cha?" "FOR THE LOVE OF [[50% Off!]] JUST [[Accept Transaction]] ALREADY!!" A small puppet, skin white as a canvas with a black jacket and a glasses, one pink lense and one yellow lense, with jet black, slicked back hair. "oh, heya spamton" "HELLO, [[FunnyBones!]], AND WHO MIGHT THIS [[Wonderous Woman!]] BE [[Namesaked beautifully!]]" Spamton asked, his voice sometimes glitching out. "Oh. I'm Alex!" Alex introduced herself, "welp, i gotta go. paps is expecting me go be home soon, but we'll ketchup again sometime!" "OH FOR THE LOVE OF [[God]] SHUT THE [[$@#&@#&]] UP!" Spamton howled angrily. Alex took the ketchup and placed it in the cart.

In the refrigerated items, Alex was looking for eggs and sparkling water, she picked up the brand of eggs X liked which were 'Farmer Carlton's Tasty Un-Fertilized Eggs'. However, she had a hard time finding the sparkling water, or at least the brand. It was hiding in plain sight, or to her it was, "C'mon, c'mon what the hell is the brand?!" "What'cha looking for, red-head?" A certain voice echoed, a light scathe and scratch, yet powerful. Alex knew who it was, "Hello, Fleetway..." she smirked. Her and Fleetway Sonic were frenimies of sorts. They would get along, but call each other by names that seemed rude, but the things they had together were strongly unbreakable.

Fleetway's red swirl eyes looked at Alex, as the chaos-energy from his golden spikes moved around. The sparks flowed smooth as if they were more water like, but looked shockingly like electricity. As he floated, he did a bit of a backflip, then floated to Alex. Fleetway then squished Alex's face, "Heh, still small and friend shaped, eh?" "Oh bugger off, you." Alex grumbled, a pink embarrassed blush danced on her face. Fleetway flew back a bit, and floated on the air as if it were a pool, "Awww, c'moon? Ya don't miss an old face like mine?" Fleetway teased sarcastically.

Alex smirked "I wouldn't if I had a rock to throw it at you, ya son-uva-bitch!" she hollered out laughing. Fleetway rolled his eyes to the sky hearing that cheesy retaliation. He sighed out, "So, what'cha doin... Other than being a total dipshit?" "Trying to find the brand of sparkling water that Lord X likes. I'm doing errands, unlike your bitch-ass" Alex sneered playfully, snickering as Fleetway growled under his breath. The two liked angering each other in a playful manner, that of siblings. "Well, to my knowledge, he likes the Cherri-Bomb flavor from Lucia Sparkles brand." Fleetway informed Alex. Alex smiled, "Cool, thanks Fleets!" "No problem, shit-head!" Fleetway shouted. They both flipped each other off as a way if saying 'good bye!' to one another. Alex soon put the water into her cart. Now, to look for a vase.