Chapter 05

A/N: Fun fact! Evelyn was born on February 15 making her an Aquarius, Caitlyn and Marilyn were born on May 22 making them a Gemini, and Madelyn was born on September 23 making her a Libra. I based their personalities on their zodiacs. Bella is a Virgo and my mother doesn't like them and says that they're evil 🤭 I've never met a Virgo so I can't pass judgement.

Caitlyn's POV
Bella caught the flu from Mike and was bedridden for a week. Then the domino effect happened and Evelyn got sick, then Maddie, then me and Mary at the same time. I guess the twin telepathy is real.

I haven't seen or heard from Jake in three weeks and neither has Bella. I finally had enough and decided to go visit him. I made him some soup for his 'mono' then drove over. I apparently wasn't the only one with the idea to visit Jake as I saw Bella's truck with Bella and Jake standing in the pouring rain. Bella suddenly stormed off and I approached them.

"Jake! Hey!" Bella hollered, she suddenly grabbed him and made him face her "You cut your hair off?And got a tattoo?" He didn't answer, but instead glared at her and coldly said "Bella" this surprised her as Jacob would never speak to her like that. Then she suddenly started firing off random nonsense "What happened to you? What's...Hey! What happened? Did Sam get to you? Is that what's happening?" Jacob then snapped back "Sam's trying to help me. Don't blame him. But if you want somebody to blame, how about those filthy bloodsuckers you love, the Cullens?"

I looked between them in confusion.

Bella then did her piss poor attempt at lying "I don't know what you're talking about" Jake snapped at her once more surprising me and her....Jake's never been mean to Bella. Ever. "No, you know exactly
what I'm talking about. You've been lying to everyone. Charlie. But you can't lie to me. Not anymore, Bella. Now. Go. Home. No one wants you here" "Look, Jake, I know that I've been hurting you.
It's killing me. It kills me. I just need... Maybe give me, like, some time or something..." Jake groan "You're not listening Bella. This is over. Just go home."

"You can't break up with me. I mean...I mean, you're my best friend. You promised me" Bella pleaded, Jake sighed and rolled his eyes "That was before I realized the truth about you. I hate you Isabella Swan, and I want nothing to do with you. Now go home" Bella then ran back to her truck in tears leaving Jake and I alone. Jake stared at the ground as I walked towards him.

"I thought you were too sick to come outside, or pick up the phone when I call" I said as Jake continued to stare at the ground "Go away" he whispered "What?" I asked not quite hearing him "Go away" he repeated louder and started to walk away only for me to grab his arm "If you want to end our friendship then at least do it like a man Jacob Black!" I snapped. He looked at me, probably about to snap at me as well, only for the two of us to freeze as we made eye contact.

All those things that I've felt for Jacob for years suddenly intensified. I felt happy, safe, and loved. It was like I was home again...a place that I dearly missed.

We were snapped out of our trance, however, when a bunch of masculine voices were calling out to Jake "Jacob! Jacob!"we turned and saw Sam Uley and his friends. I reluctantly let Jacob go and shoved the soup into his hands "Forget it" I muttered and walked off.