Chapter 07

Katie's POV
The next day we all showered, brushed our teeth, and got dressed for Emily's after I summed up last night's conversation.

Katie's POVThe next day we all showered, brushed our teeth, and got dressed for Emily's after I summed up last night's conversation

They didn't believe me at first, but once they realized that I was serious they promised to keep an open mind.

Evie drove us there, and upon arriving we saw Emily and Leah cooking breakfast. When we entered both girls looked up, and Leah froze upon seeing Mary.

An awe-filled look took over both girls faces as they stared at each other like how our parents once did....

We all knew that Mary was gay, and we all loved and supported her for it, but I was the only one who knew about her crush on Leah. You see, we each have our favorite sister that we're closer to. Mary and I are closer to each other as twins usually are, and Evie and Maddie are like two peas in a pod. So of course I knew all about her interest in our elder sister's best friend, but Evie and Maddie were clueless.

Their moment was ruined when Emily cleared her throat and said "Good morning girls! How'd you sleep?" We all greeted her good morning, and said that we slept fine, before asking about her. She smiled and said "I slept great! The boys are out to pick up Jake, and we're making breakfast for them right now, so you can sit and relax and drink some coffee if you want."

Evie and I nudged Maddie and Mary to the long dining room table, and went to the kitchen to make them some coffee. After setting the coffees in front of them, Evie and I started helping make breakfast.

A key difference between us is that Evie and I were more the caregivers, while Mary and Maddie were more like the children who needed to be cared for. Evie was like our mom, a mother hen, always worrying and fretting over the people she loved and cared for. I, on the other hand, am a momma bear I'm short tempered and ready to throw hands for the people that I love whenever and wherever. Mary was a bright, happy, and girly girl that spread light and sunshine wherever she went. Maddie was the eternal child that radiated innocence and wonder.

After our parents died, we sort of forgot about that, but with Jake coming back into our lives I think that we might be able to get back there. Maybe not all the way..... but maybe just enough to where our scars don't hurt so bad.

Evie, Leah, Emily, and I finished making the breakfast feast and started setting up the table just as Jared Cameron, Embry Call,.......and Bella entered the house.

and Bella entered the house