Chapter 8 1/2

Maddie's POV
I looked around the bright, light filled meadow and noticed a rocky stair leading up to the clouds.

Maddie's POVI looked around the bright, light filled meadow and noticed a rocky stair leading up to the clouds

I stared up in confusion until I heard two familiar voices call out to me "Madelyn..." I turn around and gasped as tears filled my vision. There standing before me were my parents.

I ran towards them and embraced them "Mom! Dad!" My voice seemed to echo. They held me close. I could smell my mother's perfume, the same one that Evie uses all the time now. We were all crying as we hugged one another.

We stayed like that for awhile before my dad pulled away "Maddie...we don't have much time" he started only for my mom to interrupt and say "Damon, please, just a minute longer...?" He looked at my mom and frowned "Rose.....if she stays too long then she won't be able to go back" I looked up teary eyed and confused "Go back...?" Realization dawned on me as memories of Bella's attack flew past my eyes.

I was in heaven, or at least at the border of it, and my parents wanted me to go back.....without them.

"No! I want to stay with you!" I yelled out and squirmed out of my mother's hold "Maddie, Maddie please just listen-!" My mother started but when I broke out of her hold my father grabbed me and made me look at him "Don't say that! Don't you ever say that again! You hear me?!" He yelled. I just cried and bowed my head in shame "Damon...." My mother called making my father look at her before returning his gaze to me. His face softened and he pulled me into a hug "Maddie....I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" I just cried in his arms.

"Maddie, sweetheart, you have to listen to us" mom said as she came over and rubbed my back "You have to go back with your sisters" she began making me feel torn. Why couldn't we just all be together like we used to be?

"Your sisters need you-" she continued but I cut her off "No they don't!" I yelled out "Evie's so smart and mature, Katie's strong and can beat anyone, and Mary's so sweet and compassionate. Then there me I'm completely useless! I'm the weakest one of the bunch! They're all better off without me!" I vented out making my dad tighten his grip "Oh, baby girl, no. No, no, no none of that is true....without you, your sisters would fall apart. You're the glue that holds them all together" my dad reassured me "And they need you more now then ever" my mom added.

I turned to look at her "What? Why?" I asked "In part because of Bella...." My mother began "But also because of your destiny" my father continued "My destiny...?" They both nodded "It's your's and your sisters destiny to bring peace to the supernatural world" my father said his eyes tearing up with pride.

I look at him in shock "How....how are we supposed to do that?!" My mother then said "You'll see soon. Just remember that all the answers are in Italy......for now close your eyes and think of home. Think of your sisters" I did as told.

I closed my eyes.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I opened them and I was in a hospital room.