Chapter 1 - Monkey Business

Art by SoukouKannazuki on DeviantArt •

Chapter Release - 13/03/2022 •

I'm in a good mood so you get an early chapter. The next chapter is looking to be released in around five days and then two chapters will be released every week, most likely on the same day

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Oh! Another one. How nice to have some company again."

Your head was swimming, swathes of violet swirling and dancing around your head.

"Come over here. Let's have a look at you..."

A tugging sensation washed over you, and a painful sensation akin to popping your ears snapped you into existence. In front of you stood a woman, a woman much taller than you were. Stylish silver-white hair swept into a do in an almost unnatural manner. Fierce teal eyes framed by thick eyeshadow along with a very violet outfit to complete the look. A rather revealing outfit if you said so yourself. But pretty nonetheless.

"You disappoint me, love. You really do..." She tutted, hand resting on her hip. You didn't expect her to say that, but you had worse slung at you throughout your life.

"So many fears... So many desires..." She regarded you with a cocked eyebrow, walking circles around you.

"I thought you'd be bigger" Wha-? What did your height have anything to do with this?

"Don't look so confused... I know everything you've got hidden in that brain of yours. I know all the terrible things you've done. So many good intentions laid to waste... I can see the regret, eating away at your soul..." You remained silent, instead choosing to glare at this strange woman. Her words would not so easily hurt you, that was for sure.

"Hah! But now your time has come and here you are, to grovel and beg."

You almost laughed yourself. Grovel and beg? To her? Not likely, you weren't a pushover and you sure as hell weren't going to be bossed around by whoever this was.

"You can't go back.. Only death awaits you there now." She leaned in with a smirk, watching as the realization dawned on your face.

You were dead. Dead in the arms of the only mother figure you could remember, which just happened to be a giant, animate stuffed bear.

Then how were you alive here?

You raised a hand to the left side of your chest, feeling your heartbeat. Only there was no rhythmic pulse beating away, and instead, you were met with nothing. It was only at this point did you realise that you had no need for air, in fact, there seemed to be an unnatural heaviness set in your chest.

"Fear not love, you've got potential! I see it in you, and I can help change your fate. But if you want a new life, you're going to have to suffer quite a bit to get it."

After waiting a few moments to let the fact that you were dead set in, you turned to Bierce and raised an eyebrow. While you weren't really perturbed about the fact you were dead (more annoyed if anything), you didn't really want to leave your dear old dad up there by himself.

Your train of thought was rudely interrupted when you blinked. By the time you opened your eyes you were no longer in the weird purple void, but rather a lavish ballroom that looked like it had been ripped out of a building and chucked into space on its own.