👨‍🍳 05: What A Crepe

If someone ever asked if I'm crazy about punching a monster? The answer is most probably yes.

Is it worth it? Hell yeah.

After undermining my job, will I even think the same? It's far from a smart move to hit a guy who can be a demon spawn but my brain has ceased working.

I back away, anticipating his outrage or probably the dire consequence waiting for me.

But instead of being angry, his lips slant on one corner until both ends are curving upwards. Not a millisecond after and he burst into waves of laughter.

What a creep!

Who would laugh after being punched? Only a crazy person will, for sure.

He strokes his jaw, which was gradually growing purple and quite striking from his pale skin.

"I'll take that as a yes, Mr. Schneider?"

My answer will have been a big damn no but when those eyes flashing with humor met mine, a layer of threat hides behind it.

I guess, no matter how he conceals it, he still got pissed earlier.

"Ain't that right, Mr. Schneider?" he prods again, this time, even his voice has been laced with the underlying menace.

Goosebumps travel to my spine as I try to look away. I hate people like him who toys with others for their whims. The act of power-tripping is enough to test my patience but my guts are telling me to say yes.

It's as if I have no choice but to swallow my pride or risk my life. As much as I despise it, I can't abandon my dreams. I haven't fulfilled my late mother's wish yet.

A sigh struggles to make a way in my mouth but I repress all the discontent as soon I make my decision. My lips slope into a business smile. It's just one dinner anyway.

"Okay. I'll do it."

"Perfect. Let's go, then." He raises his baton and with one swish, we are out of the hallway.

" He raises his baton and with one swish, we are out of the hallway

"What the hell?!" My voice booms across the kitchen. This is the place I've been dreaming of for the past few days. The impeccable stainless steel is almost enough to distract me but I remember Jacob.

I swivel towards Mr. Pheles. "Hey. Won't you do a little heads up before you begin your abracadabra to me? My colleague is still outside and I don't have my things here."

"...You're quite fastidious," he comments.

"Huh?" What the hell does fastidious even mean?

"I'll tell Jinn to inform him and you may use anything here," Mr. Pheles says.

I bite the smile easing to my mouth. To be frank, I do want to test this kitchen out but won't my effort in denying him go to waste if I become too eager in a blink of an eye?