👨‍🍳 11: Out of Thyme

Lying spread-eagled in the bed, I can't remember how many times I have tossed around last night.

The only time I badly want to meet Mr. Pheles, he's not available. I needed the confirmation. Is that woman really my mother?

Baba Yaga has spoken in vague words, taking me a while to read between the lines.

So is Mom alive... Or not?

I feel like I'm missing something. Mr. Pheles has explained the Wraiths before but I can't recall the exact words.

Getting up, I head to the toilet. Lilith mentioned we'll meet morning but did not state the time.

I prepare myself some toast and coffee, waiting for someone to fetch me. Hopefully, it is Mr. Pheles.

But I just have to jinx myself. Mr. Jinn's dignified posture awaits me in my living room.

"Good morning, Mr. Schneider."

"Morning. Is Mr. Pheles not coming?" I inquired.

He shakes his head. "Unfortunately, he has an urgent matter with Master Dracula."

"Oh, okay?"

Dracula... They were together the last time too. I remember Baba Yaga mentioned I should be careful with Dracula. Though I really don't know why.

"Are you ready to go, Mr. Schneider?" Mr. Jinn says.

"Yeah."

With a snap, I blink my eyes open, only to turn my back the moment I lay my sight on the man staring at me.

"It's no use, Lucas. I locked the door with magic," Lilith says.

"Open the fvcking door," I order as if forgetting I'm talking to a monster.

"You need to talk. He's dyin—"

"Open. The. Fvcking. Door. Damnit!" Frustration gets the best of me, kicking the door as the last syllable leaves my mouth.

"Lucas—"

"It's alright, Lilith. Let him leave." Long with the arrogance I know, his tone has become raspier with words that are barely a whisper.

If not for the openness of the room, I doubt I'll hear him with the beeping sound of the machine.

"But, Richard, you need to talk. You shouldn't die being misunderstood by your only son!" she refutes.

"Calm down, Lilith. This is why I told you not to intervene." Steps resound right after. It must be Frankenstein coaxing her.

I face Mr. Jinn, who is simply observing the situation.

"Take me away from here," I say.

"Apologies, Mr. Schneider, but I am with Madam Lilith this time."

"The hell did he feed all of you?! Can't you all just mind your own business?" I burst, redness rushing to my face.

I loathe being played in the palm of their hands. I already succumbed to their whims but this? Fvcking. No. I never should have let my guard down.

The moment he abandoned us, I vowed never to talk to that bastard again. Many may wish they can have the opportunity to talk to a renowned Michelin chef but me? I'll rather choke. Or choke him.

"Lucas," Lilith calls. There's a hint of warning in her voice, probably from hearing what I have in mind. "It's far from what you think."

Far? No way. What kind of bullshit will he spout to justify all he did?