CHAPTER 3

As I entered harem unannounced, the maid lined up and bowed to me, while I saw Gulnaz still chatting with her maid.

,,Gulnaz hatun, what an insolence. Who are you to not to bow to me, and you still continued chatting?" I said to her boldly making her and her maid bow in instant.

,,I'm sorry, sultim I didn't noticed..." She said and I could see how ashamed she was.

,,A whole royal member is on front of you! Don't let this happen again or you'll end up in the bottom of the Bosphorus sea

,,A whole royal member is on front of you! Don't let this happen again or you'll end up in the bottom of the Bosphorus sea." I said.

,,It won't I promise." She said shyly. I walked put to harem heading to my chambers making everyone bow down again.

I noticed Gulnaz getting a little bit bold lately, bolder than she should. She'll grow big and bigger every day if I don't do something. There was a perfect idea somewhere in my mind, I don't want to get rid of her, I just want to put her in her place and that was not a problem at all.

I was casually sitting in my chambers drinking coffee and chatting with my maid, as usual.

,,Don't you think it's time to send his majesty a gift, Selma?" I asked her.

,,What kind of gift are you talking about, sultanim? It depends..." She replied.

,,I don't know... It's already been three weeks since I came and I think it would appropriate to send his majesty... a concubine...?"

,,You're right, sultanım, after all the ottoman dynasty will need more heirs." Selma said softly.

,,Good, now you just need to find me a beautiful concubine. And that's it, I'll send her tonight if I decide if she is the right one for my brother." I said making Selma bow down and go off to harem.

After a few minutes she came back with a beautiful girl, a brunette with a fave of an angel. I just knew she was the one.

,,What's your name, hatun?" I asked her raising my eyebrow softly.

,,It's Nicole, sultanim." She replied shyly, looking down at the floor.

,,So Nicole, you'll be sent to his majesty tonight." I said to her as her eyes winded.

,,Really?" She raised her eyebrow in surprise.

,,Yes, you'll become his favorite, and maybe give him a prince. But before that happens you need to have a new name, because first step in becoming a Sultana is having an islamic name... Therefore your name won't be Nicole anymore but Mehpare." I said.

,,It means the one who shines like a moon

,,It means the one who shines like a moon. I hope you like it." I added politely.

,,Of course I do, anything given by you it's like a blessing." She smiled at me.

,,Good, Selma hatun will make sure this night is yours... You may take your leave now." I said making her bow and leave.

,,Selma prepare my coat, I'm going to visit Emeray." I ordered Selma.

,,You're going all alone, sultanim?" She asked while picking the coat from my dresser.

,,No, I'm going with Sah and Reyhan..." I sighed.

Selma handed me the coat and I hurried to the gate as out carriage was ready.

,,How have you been Esme?" I asked her at the begging of our lunch in the garden.

,,Pretty good, Semiha. Me and pasha live a quite amazing life... Baharnaz is happy too." She said with a smile.

" She said with a smile

,,Glad to hear that." I replied softly.

,,By the way, where are Raziye and valide? Why didn't they come too?" Emeray asked.

,,Raziye wasn't feeling good and valide had some important job to do..." Reyhan sighed.

,,Is it serious?" Esmeray raised her eyebrow.

,,No, thanks God, it's just a cold." Sah replied cutely.

,,Good. And how's Osman, Gulnaz and the little ones?" Esmeray questioned.

,,They're all doing good, MashAllah..." I replied with a soft smile on my face.

As we were finishing lunch, I could see some people carrying a corpse of somebody. I was beyond confused at the moment.

,,Esme, what are these people carrying in the back, it looks like somebody's corpse?" I said confusedly.

,,What?" Esmeray puzzled her face, so did Sah and Reyhan.

,,Turn around and you'll see." I said and Esme did so. She got out of her seat and speed stepped towards it and the three of us obviously followed her.

When we got close enough we realized it was Ferhat pasha's dead body laying there. When Esmeray realized what happened, she started crying and yelling histericly.

,,Esme, please clam down." I said as I hugged her by force.

,,HOW CAN I POSSIBLY CALM DOWN WHEN MY HUSBED IS DEAD!" She yelled. It was such a horrible situation...

,,There must be an explanation for this, come on, please." Reyhan said trying to make things look a bit better, but she just made it harder for Esmeray.

,,There's no explanation for murdering my child's father!" Esme continued, I felt so bad for her and even more for little Baharnaz.