CHAPTER 5

,,Sultanim." Selma bowed down in front of me while I was crocheting a scarf in my lap. Crochet has always been my thing, since childhood. My mother's maid, Melek hatun, was the one who introduced me into that beautiful craft. I feel such bond with it, i find comfort and joy doing that...

,,Oh Selma you're finally here. I mean you said you were going to harem for a bit and that it won't take long and now a whole half an hour passed and you were still down there. If I was dying here you would be in harem gossiping with other kalfas." i said to her not making a single eye contact.

,,Forgive me for my audacity, sultanim, but I found out something interesting news, you will for sure like it." She said, I didn't really care what she had to say but I guess she will say it to either way.

,,i'm all ears, go on." I said paying absolutely no attention at all, my eyes were still buried to my lap.

,,I don't know where shall I start this... No I will te you directly, Mehpare hatun is pregnant! They found that out this morning!" She said with a happy tone, and now she had my attention. I was honestly very happy for her, she would sure be a great mother to that child.

,,Where is she? I want to go and see her." I turned my gaze up to Selma who looked at me with a soft smile on her face.

,,She should be in her chamber resting." She informed me. i let go of the scarf I was working on and left my room. Very soon the doors of Mehpare's room opened to me, I entered smiling. She was sitting on her small sofa with her hands on her still flat belly.

 She was sitting on her small sofa with her hands on her still flat belly

,,Semiha sultanim, my only friend... welcome, what brings you here today?." She got up and bowed to me with a bright grin.  

,,I heard you're pregnant, Mehpare... I wanted to congratulate you, may you have a smooth and healthy birth." I told her cutely.

,,Thank you so much, sultanim, I appreciate... I can't wait for our sahzade to come to this world." She said as we both sat on the couch.

,,How do you know it will be a prince, maybe it will be a precious sultana, just like you." I chuckled jokingly.

,,I have a feeling sultanim, he will be a strong and handsome prince, trust me." Mehpare said softly.

,,By the way, how has your life been recently?  How is my brother doing since I don't see him very oftenly?" I asked her.

,,Well expect Gulnaz sultan trying to ruin my life, everything's fine, his majesty is also doing great, thanks to God." So Gulnaz making problems again, nothing surprising but she's got to be put in her place one way or another.

,,Gulnaz? What did she do to you, tell me and I'll put her in her place." I said boldy as Mehpare gave me a hesitant look.

,,I don't know if I should say this out loud but she spread some rumors about me, I'm even afraid to go out of my chambers now, all thanks to her." She looked down while telling me. When did Gulnaz became this reckless and stupid, doesn't she know that she's only drowning herself that way, I was so disappointed in her.