CHAPTER 4

Few days later, Ferhad Pasha was buried and my mother couldn't convince Esmeray to stay in the palace. She still looked like all her energy was drained from the body, she was so weak.

Life was pretty decent and honestly I didn't even know how to feel, nothing special happened, except the fact that Mehpare went to halvet a few days ago and Gulnaz didn't like her at all, but I guess Osman really liked her since she was called again.

But today morning, our mother called me and my sisters to her room, she told she needed to tell us something.

,,Validem, why did you call us?" i asked my mother.

,,I have something important to tell you." She sighed softly.

,,And that is...?" Sah raised her eyebrow.

,,I don't know how shall I begin this... Well, you know, your late brother's Sehzade Mustafa's mother, Sittişah sultan, she was pregnant around the time I was pregnant with you, Semiha... The baby boy was as they said born dead... But actually, that baby was a healthy girl, and late valide Ayse sultan was embarrassed of her because she doubted that was Mehmed's child so she hid the girl in the palace of tears and Dilara served as a concubine until now..." She explained.

,,Now, Sittisah and her daughter Dilara contacted us and Osman allowed them to visit us. They'll arrive this evening..." She said.

In was in shock, I didn't know I had a sister my age and that the witch of my grandmother Ayse hid her almost all her life. I couldn't imgine how Dilara must've felt when she found out what really happened to her.

,,I have so many questions, but let's just ask, why is Sittisah sultan coming?" Reyhan questioned.

,,I don't even know, I just hope she doesn't mix into harem's stuff through her daughter." Mother replied to Reyhan's question.

,,Does Esme know about all this?" Raziye asked.

,,I wrote a letter to her, but i don't know if she'll read it or not knowing in what contidion she's currently in." Our mother sighed.

,,Well... When will they come?" I asked insecurely.

,,They should arrive any second and we'll meet them at lunch." Mother replied.

,,Dilara, you're such beautiful girl, just like her mother, MashAllah." My mother sighed after Dilara kissed her hand.

,,Thank you, sultanim. We really appreciate that you allowed us to visit... After all these years..." Dilara said softly.

,,Anyway, where's your mother? I thought she came too?" Mother raised her eyebrow at her.

,,She's resting, she said she couldn't have lunch. I hope you will be able to meet her after the lunch." Dilara replied.

,,Dilara, I know you barely know us, but we want to tell you that you can always spend time with us, after all we're your sisters." I said to her with a soft smile.

,,I will, Semiha. Thank you for welcoming me." Dilara replied with a weak smile on her face.

,,You don't have to thank us, this is your palace and you belong here, you always did and you always will." Sah said.

,,By the way, have you meet your nephew and niece, sultanim?" Gulnaz asked with an innocent smile.

,,I did, and they seem to like me I truly can't wait to play with them again." She smiled softly.

,,You can visit us anytime you want, they will be always ready to play with their aunt." Gulnaz saif to Dilara.

After the lunch I went to walk outside with my sisters, it was so sunny and  very enjoyable.

,,I like this garden, the one in the palace of tears isn't as half as big as this one." Dilara said with her eyes wided.

,,You're right, our gardens are very big and beautiful, now you have unlimited time to walk outside and no one ordering you." I said smiling at her.

,,Will you mind me asking, how did you find out you were a sultana?" Sah asked. I don't know what nerve she had to aske her that, but she always wanted to know everything about everyone and she was known for asking such reckless questions.

,,No... Well not much longer after our brother Osman ascended the Ottoman throne, one woman showed up to the old palace, she was, as the introduced herslef late valide sultana's most loyal servent. She told my mother that she couldn't carry the burden on her shoulders anymore and she confessed everything valide Ayse sultan has done to my mother, including my kidnapping and not so long after that same woman killed herslef." Dilara confessed looking down. I pitied her so much, I couldn't imagine going thru that all.

 I pitied her so much, I couldn't imagine going thru that all

,,I'm so sorry that happened to you, sister. But just so you know, we're here now and you have the endless support of every each of us." Reyahn said patting her on the shoulder.

,,She's right, we'll always be here for you... And I want to apologize for asking such stupid question." Sah said.

,,It's alright, you were curious and I can't blame you for feeling so." Dilara answered her sincerely. As she said that we just continued walking but our gaze turned to my brother with Mehpare who were talking few meters away from us.

,,Who's that woman? I thought his majesty didn't have other favorites than Gulnaz? Right?" Dilara puzzled her face at us.

,,Oh, that's Mehpare hatun, his majesty's new favorite concubine. You can meet her to if you want to, once she becomes a part of our dynasty." I said as Dilara nodded.

,,Maybe I will, she seems nice to me." Dilara replied looking at me.