Chapter 1

Third person pov

Through the thick falling snow outside the Crystal Empire, a wailing infant could be heard, but only faintly. This baby had pink skin, feathered wings, and a small horn. Hours earlier an unreformed changeling brought the infantile philly of Queen Chrysalis to the Crystal Empire to swap with the now toddler Princess Flurry Heart. However he couldn't bring himself to be back under someone else's rule. He dropped the baby in a snow pile and flew off toward the new changeling kingdom. 

The baby, only having caught a glimpse of Princess Cadence, had a pink coat, feathery wings, and a tiny nub of a horn. The poor thing wailed at the top of their lungs, freezing from the cold. 

<~>

Princess Twilight and her royal Friendship Ambassador Spike, got off the train for their yearly visit to the Crystal Empire. 

"Twilight, do you hear that?"

"Yeah, I'll go check it out. You go inform Cadence where I am."

After placing a heating spell on her jacket, Twilight flew into the blizzard. As she flew, the wails grew louder until she found the infant. Having sensed her presence, the baby stopped crying and opened her eyes. Light green glassy eyes saw the tall Alicorn standing over her. Ther baby changed her skin to a light purple, the feathery wings stayed the same, and her eyes changed into the baby equivalent to Twilight's. Twilight wrapped the infant in her jacket and flew as fast as she could to the castle. 

"Cadence?" 

"Hey Twilight. Spike already told me what happened...Is that..."

"It's a baby changeling. It was in the snow."

Cadence undid the baby's magic to reveal what she looked like. Black skin, tiny holes in her hooves, light green straw-like hair, glassy green eyes, see through green wings, and a tiny horn on her head. 

"Twilight, this looks like Chrysalis."

"The only reasonable explanation is that this is supposed to be Chrysalis's heir to the changelings. How she got here though is a different matter altogether."

"What should we do with her?"

"I'll take her as my own daughter. With Chrysalis in her stone prison, she won't have a mother, evil or not. No pony should have to suffer that level of sorrow."

Twilight lifted this little philly into her arm. 

"Twilly! When'd you get here?"

"Hey big brother. Meet your new niece." 

"A changeling?"

"Yeah, she must been left for dead in the snow. I adopted her as my own."

"What's her name?"

"Her name will be Winter Rose."

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day 😊😊💖💖 
432 words 
Enjoy 
Sorry for unusually short chapter, but I'll bang out the next chapter today so don't worry about that.