Chapter 12- Everything Went Well

You finally finished all of your chores, it was a hard day, a chaotic day, you sighed in relief smelling the newly baked bread from the bakery, the fresh air swooshing your hair on to a magical flow, following the wind's trail, you look at the corner of your eyes you saw a silhouette peeking, it looks like it was watching your move, you just brush it off you didn't think of it much and then every corner that you went through you still sense and see the silhouette, you can't handle it you decides to go and look who is stalking you.

As you approach it it began to ran, you chased after it, as the sun shines, it suddenly hit them you stopped at your tracks and began to suspect the stalker.

"why is Leah following me?" you whispered, scratching your head, you wonder what does she needs, you sure hate her now wait no hate is a strong word, you can't say mean things to them, but she is a little bit disrespectful, for sure, but you still wonder it.

"oh? Why are u here-"

You suddenly gasp at the person behind you, as you turned around you signed in relief because it was mirabel holding a big box filled with embroidery equipments.

"oh! HI!, mirabel" you pant between your sentence, it was sure hard to speak when your heart beating fast.

"hi? You seems really in deep thoughts" mirabel said as she struggles to hold the box.

You offer some help to mirabel,she smiled and you both started walking to Casita.

"yeah, I was wondering where were you hahaha, and are u still doing some chores!? You need a break mirabel" you said, you were concerned for you friend, not because she didn't have a gift, but with chores, she helped with taking care of the kids in the encanto, helping people carry things, and delivering things, she is sure a helper but she also needs help.

" oh no, y/n I'm all finish with my chores this just the delivery that I got! I was so excited to stitch new embroidery design into my skirts!" Mirabel exclaimed so excitedly, you smiled think everything went well, and you hope this will continue to tomorrow.

"hmmm, I see your burnt scar on your shoulder seems doing so well" Mirabel hummed, this caught you off guard, you almost drop a box filled with needles and yarn.

"uhm not really mirabel" you nervously said awkwardly laughing,

"hm? What do u mean y/n?" mirabel raised her eyebrows confused and curiously asked that question, this gave you enough time to have pressure washing inside of you, you swallowed your fear and said it with pride-

"ah, it's nothing, mirabel anyway how was your day?" you brush it off you don't wanna tell her what happened, but instead you asked for her day, you listen to her attentively about her day went, you nod as she excitedly tells you everything, you laughs as Mirabel tell jokes you nudged her while giggling and she nudged you back.

Once you were in the Casita you went upstairs to mirabel's room, setting the box on her bed. You see where Antonio bed on the other side of the room, and there's alot of boxes surrounded it, you frowned as you thought that mirabel is going to be alone..... In the room....

"so, uhm mirabel" you began, she hummed as she took out some needles and thread she seems to be ready on sewing, "uh, what are u going to do with that?"

You pointed at the box,Mirabel looks at you and smiled putting her index finger into her mouth shushing you, you nods, mirabel pointed at Antonio's panda stuff toy and to the clothes into Antonio's tiger drawing, and she pointed at Antonio's ceremony clothes, you nods in response, still thinking, an then it clicked you, you mouthed "ahhh" understanding what she meant, you giggled on how cute that mirabel making a tiger stuffed toy for Antonio's ceremony as a good luck gift.

You approach mirabel sitting on her bed, smiling all the decoration on her wall, and her window, you closed your eyes, "mirabel you're the best." you said with pride finally looking at her, she got flustered she smack your face you laughed at her gesture you smack her back, you both giggled and just enjoying each other's company.

"okay okay stop now why don't ya help me with this y/n" mirabel
Said pointing at some colorful thread, you smile and helped her, "just don't tell anyone okay?" even tho it was meant for you it was as if she was also telling it to Dolores as her gesture turn to the door you agreed and began to helped her.

The gift was finally finished and you made the box and mirabel puts some decoration, finally tying it with some yarn. You looked at it and smiled feeling proud abt the gift you turned to mirabel who seemed nervous, you pat her back, "I'm sure he will liked it Mirabel" you said giving your friend some words of encouragement, she smiled at you finally nodding, you fixed all the messed you both made finally putting it all in the box and hiding it, on top of her cabinet while casita helping her up you were ready to catch her if ever Mirabel slipped, thankfully she didn't slipped.

After she put the box on her cabinet suddenly the door swings opened with a loud thud, you and Mirabel got startled mirabel slips and falls down with you you hug her tight and you two falls down to the floor, now your butt hurts you glared at the person who interrupted you two, your expression suddenly soften because it was camilo.

"mirabel are you okay? Are you hurt?" you asked, she just said she was okay and she stood up giving you a hand, you took it as she helped you to stand up, you both suddenly looked at camilo angerly, you both approached him, and took his ear on both sides he started to whine, you both scolded him to knock first, he just nods and keeps on apologizing.

"I'm sorry I'm soory Dolores said that you both were here, I was trying to find y/n." Camilo said, his head is still looking at the floor.

You just sighed, pinching the bridge of your nose frustrated a bit, then suddenly Mirabel laughs, "oh? And why do u need y/n for?"

Camilo shoot his head to Mirabel, and he started to stutter, telling that he needs help for something, you raised your eyes as you listened to his excuses you couldn't believe this guy, your best friend starting to stutter, it's clear that he just wanna messed with you both, you shook your head and took camilo's arm saying goodbye to mirabel and leaving her.

Even tho you wanted to hangout with mirabel more but Camilo needs something you both stopped infront the window as the cold breeze hits both of you, turning to camilo he looks worried his eyes sparkle at the sunshine making her eyes green instead of hazel changing his eye color completely, he held your shoulder, you didn't flinch, you knew he was just checking your burn but it wasn't there it was healed completely, it made you wondered why everyday you always and ALWAYS ended up to Casita it seems like that Casita is your home too.

"did you tell her?" he asked you looking straight at your (e/c) eyes.

"no." you said in a straight face, he sighed in relief and he lest you go,looking out the window.

"I thought you were going to tell her I got into a panic mode, sorry."he bluntly said, you look at the horizon through the window seeing the flower blooms.

" I couldn't bring myself to. " you said, he looks at you as the wind hits you, you squint your eyes making your hair once again flow.

" what do u mean? " he asked Stepping closer to you.

"I could tell her, I don't wanna give her stress, she seems sad when she was carrying the box." you sighed, Camilo listens to you attentively, you look at camilo and smile, he smiles too, you saw luisa carrying the bridge again. You expression soften, you were glad to be here in the encanto, to be friends your the dork besides you.

Everything went well, suprisingly no danger nor Leah and Leo, unlike earlier, you look at the bakery, feeling hungry.

"Camilo want to buy some bread?" you asked him, looking at your wallet to see if you have some money with you, sure enough you can buy 4 bread with your money.

Camilo's expression brightens and took your hand running to the staircase, "CASITA MADE US A SLIDE!" Camilo shouted and not long enough Casita made a slide, you both slide on Casita you laughs, it really seems that camilo's love language is food.

Finally running off the Casita you waved goodbye, you were excited about tomorrow you just couldn't wait.