The unexpected guest

I horribly managed to get the door open to my chambers when I carefully closed the door behind me.

I sat my plate and milk down on the table that I was next to. It was hard to see because it was so dark I could barely make out anything.

However all that changed when a spark lit up a candle and to my surprise Lord James was standing a few feet away from me.

" What are you doing in my chambers this late at night, Lord James?" I said while I gripped my chest from the heart attack I just had.
He lit a few more candles while I was still trying to wrap my head around what was going on. Then started to speak, his voice was a bit husky like he had woken up just moments before I entered.

"Charlotte, my love. You're not in your chambers, you're in mine." He said with a large grin across his face.

I stumbled back a little after understanding what he had just said. And it makes sense because now that the room is lit I can tell that it indeed was not my chambers.

"My mistake, I shall be going now." However before I could grab the plate off the table he beat me to it. He grabbed the plate and walked over to his large couch in his sitting room.

Then with a mouth full of cookies he said,"no please stay just for a moment."

I grabbed the milk from the table and made my way towards him. " Hey if you're going to eat so fast you should drink some milk." I said while sitting next to him on the couch.

"So why are you up so late?" He asked. "I had a bad dream that always tararizes me every so often. So I always go down to the kitchen and find something sweet." I said while grabbing a cookie off the plate.

"Is it the same dream every time, or is it different."

"It's the same dream over and over again. It started happening about a year ago. Why are you so interested in why I am up?"

"Because my love, I just am. But now tell me what it is about. Because my grandmother always told me that if you have the same dream over and over it means something."

I had to look away from his gaze because I could feel my cheeks starting to blush light pink. "I am about to receive my destiny and something happens and I lose it. However I don't quite know what my destiny is. I know that sounds dumb, becaue I am the future Queen. And that is my destiny, but deep down I know that there is much more to my destiny than just rulling my kingdom. I just don't know what it is."

I didn't mean to tell him all of that. All of those things about my destiny makes me sound like a crazy person.

"I don't think you're crazy." He said while lifting up my chin towards his face. My heart was screaming to kiss him right then. However my mind was warning me not to. I could see gold fakes appear in his brown eyes.

Before I could figure out why they were there he let go of my chin and looked towards the wall.

"I also believe that destiny is a lot more than just one thing." He said while laying down on the couch, as his legs were placed on the ground.

I couldn't help but lay down on his chest, my inner wolf seemed as if she was controlling my body. Thankfully that horny brat wasn't going to make a move.

The way his scent surrounded every inch of my body made me feel safe. As long I was in his arms nothing could ever hurt me.

"Can we stay like this forever." I was shocked by the words coming from my mouth however I didn't care. I truly wish I could stay in his arms forever.

"I wish we could love. However for tonight you will not leave my side." He said while running his fingers through my hair.

Every touch sent sparks through my body. But those gentle waves soothed me into a deep sleep.