-10-

Hardly anyone slept through the night. Unless you had someone watching over you, someone you had to place your trust in, and that's how those who did sleep were able to.

Yet those on guard didn't notice as a square masked guard snuck into the room from within a secret entrance, caring a sleeping girl, who had been given chloroform in order to ensure she stayed asleep as she was transported.

It was too dark to even see and nobody wanted to see the aftermath of the fight.

As soon as the lights turned on, some people quickly looked around from their beds as they wake up out of their sleepy state. Flashbacks of the night before lining their minds.

Gi-Hun woke up and didnt even notice the girl laying on the bed nearby as she began showing signs of waking up.

He got out of his bed and sat next to player 001.

"Hey, old man." He greeted kindly as the man looked at him. "Huh?" 001 questioned with tired eyes.

Did you stay up all night?

"I thought they would attack again or something." 101 spoke, exhaustion lacing his voice.

"Old man, but you must be so exhausted already."

"It's all right. You don't really need that much sleep when you're old. And I didn't help when they went after everyone but keeping night watch, well, I can do that."

An announcement began as everyone had woken up. And Y/N began to stir awake. Ali noticed first, cashing him to run over hastily and worry over her.

"Attention, players. The third game will begin momentarily. Please follow the staff's instructions and swiftly make your way towards the game hall. Let me repeat the instructions. The third game will begin momentarily."

"Y/N where were you?" Ali exclaimed as he hugged her tightly. Not knowing where she was or if she was safe had him on edge along with the fights surrounding him.

Before she could answer the guards forced them into their lines and brought them into another room. It was stark white, no color to be seen with steps to follow the odd architecture throughout the place as a whole. Waking in a single file line, Y/N was in between 067 and Ali.

"Players, welcome to the third game. For this game, you will play in teams. All players, please divide yourselves into teams of ten people. Your time limit will be ten minutes. Ten minutes. Let me repeat the instructions. For this game, you will play in teams. All players, please divide yourselves into teams of ten people. Your time limit will be ten minutes. Ten minutes."

Everyone looked around and murmurs filled the room, waiting to find a team. The same thought running through everyone's mind, at least the egoistical mens.

"We need to get a bunch of men who are well built." Sang-Woo began as they strategized."

"Oh, okay. What about the girl and Y/N?" Gi-Hun countered concerned. 067 stayed by them last night and Y/N was their friend.

The clock ticked, upping everyone's adrenaline.

"Something that has teams of ten players. So maybe it's Tail Tag or Why Did You Come to My House?" He continued  "Tail Tag means running is involved.
Or it might just end up being simply based on luck.
What do you think?"

He deeply inhaled in thought, staring down Y/N much to the displeasure of every guard and the front man watching through the cameras "Our team already has 2 girls and an older guy. I'm thinking we better get more men first." Y/N glanced over at 067 as she did the same. Were they being kicked out? Already? Y/N became annoyed. She though Sang-Woo was her friend. Yet here he is suggesting that they are weaker and less needed. Mouthing to 067 Y/N asked "You and Me?" Raising a eyebrow in response it took a second before she nodded.

Yet both waited to see how it'd play out. Y/N hoped there was a point of redemption

"What if they make us play Gonggi or Elastics? Then, what do we do? Girls are usually the good ones at that..." Gi-Hun attempted to convince but it didn't sell Sang-Woo. He of course was going to let Y/N stay but little did he know that she was loyal to a fault... and stubborn to the point she wanted to prove him wrong.

"That's true, but when it really comes down to it, usually men are better. It's our lives we're betting on right now. And we gotta win." He glanced at Y/N to send a apologetic look but it didn't mean a thing. The damage was done.

Yet their was no redemption as he continued to spew nonsense. He'd regret it when he realized he had no one left.

"Fine. I see how it is. I'm sorry Ali, Gi-Hun thanks for trying. But I will not be on a team with a sexist pig." Y/N said stuttering out the insult at the end. She walked over to 067 and linked her and with hers before storming away.

They didn't need them. They can and did find a team all on their own.

It was made up of 4 women and 6 men. Of course they were hesitant but, one of the men had a strategy if the game was what he thought and it didn't matter how much physical strength they had if they had enough mental.

The team found them selves divided, each talking to their trusted partner they had brought with them.

"What do you think we are playing?" Y/N questioned 067 smiling slightly. 067 couldn't help but lean closer finding comfort as if they were a sibling as she was severely missing her own.

"I'm not sure. I didn't play many games growing up... there wasn't time."

"There's never enough time as a child." Y/N spoke sadly her brothers antics playing in the back of her mind. She missed them. But how could she miss those who abandoned her and forgot about her! She felt guilty, guilty of the fact she missed them she knew she deserved better.

Suddenly the limited peace they reached was ruined by another announcement.

"The time for forming your teams is over. All players, please line up with your teammates at the entrance to the game hall."

They began to make their way, each team slightly shaking.

While the guards followed behind and corresponded silently on a plan.