Chapter 1

Y/N POV

Economics, in my opinion the most boring subject in history, nothing but excessive numbers and helpful life skills. In short, the definition of boring and the one thing I had to take time out of my holidays to catch up on.

Taking a break from questioning human logic I sighed internally and turned my head to stare out the tiny window, catching sight of my reflection.

Yep, that was me Y/N L/N in all my glory. I mused mentally

Chuckling internally, I averted my gaze back to the lecture about the origin of the Japanese yen as my mind began to tunnel vision the word. "Focus!" It was a strategy I picked up a while ago and it had proven to be quite useful if I ever lost attention. A few minutes passed as I jotted down note after note.

"Hey, hello, earth to Y/N you in there?"

I jolted in my seat as I felt a finger poke my shoulder

"You okay man? You looked like you were about to explode with frustration." I turned my head toward the origin of the voice.

My facial expression relaxed as my eyes landed on my best friend Shinji, my only friend for that matter. Shinji had been my friend ever since I arrived here two years ago and as far as I knew, was the only one who knew the truth to my identity. I hadn't exactly been trying to make friends when I moved here, mostly just trying to focus on understanding how schooling worked and with that my schoolwork. 

Shinji was the classes top student and was friends with a lot of people including me which to me didn't really make sense. How did someone with that much pressure on him have time to make and maintain that many friendships?

"Yeah, I'm good just focusing." I assured

"Alright then, but quick question." He inquired

"Hit me."

"Do you want to come with me to the new year's festival tomorrow?"

The question caught me off guard. Shinji had only ever been to a new year's festival once before and it hadn't exactly gone according to plan, he and Nia (his girlfriend) had gotten separated halfway through and apparently gotten fed up and left. How he managed to piece their relationship back together after that was beyond me.

"The festival, why now all of a sudden?" I questioned

"It's been a while since we've had some bro time you know. Done something fun, mano e mano"

I raised my brow at the last part. I understood his logic but was still concerned about his proposal. While I was relaxed about most things, large groups of people was something I genuinely didn't enjoy. But I suppose he did have a point. It had been a while since we properly caught up outside off school.

"Alright then, its tomorrow right so we can meet up at the school gates after classes?"

"Yeah, sure that should work."

The lesson dragged on but when the bell finally rang and the teacher presented each of us with our homework, we were all out the door, retrieving the contents of our lockers and going our separate ways. I waved goodbye to Shinji as I made my way towards the parking lot unlike most students, I possessed my own form of travel. A Volkswagen Tiguan which was in near mint condition due to my germophobic ways.

Fumbling with my keys I unlocked the car, entered, and drove out of the school heading towards my apartment complex.

I didn't live too far away from the school grounds, so the drive only took fifteen minutes as I caught the beginning of an extensive line of forming traffic. Parking in the underground lot I locked my car and made my way to the elevator with my bag. I was surprised to see that there was someone else also waiting to use the elevator, tapping her foot as she seemingly waited for the doors to open.