Chapter 17

Y/N POV

"Now, change your claws into human hands." I ordered.

I stood patiently waiting for the female to oblige. Taking a tired glance at her talons before light manifested before them.

In their place now where a pair of small and delicate human hands.

"There you go, good job." I grinned giving her a thumbs up.

Flexing her fingers, she tilted her head in my direction.

"Why wouldn't I keep my talons? They're better for combat."

"You'll find that the need for combat is very rare here, humans don't exactly have the capacity for it either." I listed.

Nodding in response the dragon sank back into the couch she found herself on, letting out a long-winded sigh. Musing to myself I strode back into my bedroom to retrieve something. Fumbling about my desk and drawers searching for the item I had in mind.

"Hey, you remember that map we listed all our movements and raids and stuff?"

"Yeah, what about it?" The female called back.

Reaching into one of the filing cabinets I retrieved what I was looking for.

"We have a new addition to add." I enthusiastically said, unfurling the giant sheet of parchment between my arms.

Laying it out on the table and placing a handful of paperweights at either end we began to study the map. It was a giant global map of the old world, markings and notes strewn across various locations. There were warnings symbols shoved into many corners of the piece among different undiscovered settlements and natural marvels.

"Been a while huh."

"Sure has." I seconded.

Tracing my finger along the parchment I attempted to locate the site of our recent visit.

"Ooh, found it!"

Jotting a quick X over the location I sighed in satisfaction. Nostalgia was a cool thing I'll give it that.

"Hey, gimme that really quick." The female sounded to which I complied handing her the pencil. She proceeded to start to doodle curses and other undermining features alongside the new addition.

"Hey, no. come on." I chuckled reaching back for the pencil only for her to pull away holding the thing as far back as she could.

"Nope rules are rules." She declared in her short triumph.

Scoffing at the statement I began to climb over her in another attempt to liberate the tool, using my leg to prevent her from leaping up and dashing away. Now trapped she made a last-ditch effort to free herself, gripping onto the collar of my shirt and attempting to throw my form over hers.

She however didn't pull hard enough and only wound up throwing me off balance causing my figure to crash down on hers.

"You clown!" I laughed.

The next few minutes were spent in an attempt to liberate the pencil until finally I decided to burn it in my grip.

"Aww, come on, I was winning!" The younger dragon whined.

"Hehe..."

Images abruptly flashed in my mind displaying a series of events all too familiar to me. A presence almost breathed down my neck as my expression shifted to one of panic.

"Whoa, hey, you good?" Ilulu questioned placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Get to Kobayashi and the others, get them to safety, now!!" I abruptly shouted scrambling to my feet and charging across to the window.

"Oi! What's going on that could make you panic?!"

"Somethings going on, something most definitely not good!" I yelled causing the females eyes to go wide.

"Stay vigilant, I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Should I tell them what's going on?"

"Absolutely not! It's gonna be hard enough to get whatever this is away from here I don't want to have more people to worry about." I called back as I practically lunged out the window.

Wings blooming from my back I took off in pursuit of the presence.

Kobayashi POV

"Yeah, that should work!" I called up to the dragon hovering above me.

"Rodger that. It looks just like it did before!"

Tohru and I had taken a trip back to our first meeting spot. After seeing the state of it after Ilulu's escapade we figured it deserved a repair. The female dragon was currently flying around the terrain erecting new trees and raising the landscape as to return it to its original shape.

"Isn't it perfect!" She squeaked in excitement.

"Yeah, it looks great." I smiled in return.

Returning to my side, Tohru gazed at her fine handiwork and let out a satisfied sigh. She had done a great job from what I could tell. Words aside I felt the urge to explore the new grounds taking a single step forward.

I almost fell over backwards as one of Y/N's warp gates suddenly materialized in front of me.

"Woah!" I yelped in surprise.

"Isn't that Y/N's..."

Tohru cut herself short, seemingly noticing something about the portal.

"Y/N? You in there?"

Silence followed prompting Tohru to signal me to take a step back. I obliged only for her to walk forward and reach into the gate grabbing hold of something and yanking it out.

"Huh?"

A blast of icy wind knocked the two of us back, Tohru managing to catch herself from falling while I fell flat on my tailbone.

We were both met with not Y/N, not Ilulu but another creature. A robed figure indescribable by the black steel mask he adorned across his face. It seemed to emit an icy aura of intimidation that washed over my body. I shivered at the feeling.

"So, I see my former comrade has made himself comfortable with other rejects of our society." The figure voiced. It was a dull tone like that of an old iron bell.

Tohru steadied herself ready for what might come next.

"Easy there, don't start what you cannot finish."

"Wasn't planning on it." Tohru retorted.

"Now where are my manners, allow me to introduce myself." The figure reached his arm out and grasped something out of thin air.

Grabbing a long, thick sword, larger than his own body and resting it over his shoulder.

"I am Sangeki."

Slamming his oversized blade to the ground he began his approach, dragging the sword behind him. The dragon beside me reacted barrelling forward, fist cocked and attempting to strike the attacker. In response the figure brought his sword down to meet her resulting in Tohru's fist slamming into the flat side of the metal.

Grunting from the impact the male retaliated once again by whirling round a full 360 degrees and slashing at the space Tohru was a second ago.

"Not bad child, but raw power alone will not gain you the victory." The assailant coolly remarked.

With Tohru in the air, he redirected his blade and aiming the tip in her direction. Shortly following an arc of light erupted from the sword and catapulted to Tohru like lightning to a lightning rod.

"Tohru look out!" 

Authors note: Yes, hi I am in fact still alive.