Chapter 15

Tohru POV

My brows furrowed as I squinted through the smoke trying to identify the one who had spoken. The dust cloud persisted, winds not doing much to help.

"Tohru! You okay up there?!" Miss Kobayashi's voice called.

"I'm alright, there could be another get rea..." I was cut short when the clouds of smoke finally began to settle, parting to reveal, Ilulu unscathed and in front of her hovering the white-headed figure of Y/N.

His arm was outstretched in front, presumably what he had used to block the blast. He too bore no injuries, not a scratch. Ilulu just hovered and stared in shock at Y/N's sudden intervention.

"You good?" He sternly questioned, turning to the female behind him.

"Y-yeah, I'm good."

Returning his gaze back to me the duo began to descend, slowly floating back towards the ground. Before long we were back on our feet as two separate parties. I landed with Elma and Miss Kobayashi whilst Ilulu remained glued to Y/N's side.

"Is everyone alright?" He called to our group.

"Yeah, all good over here." Miss Kobayashi called back in a slightly confused tone.

"Speak for yourself." I mumbled under my breath.

"Sigh, you best have a well worded explanation for all this." I could barely hear him mutter.

Lowering his hand, he turned on his heel to face Ilulu who was now visibly afraid, shaking, sweating the whole package. He took two steps towards the smaller dragon who responded by sinking to her knees in a beggar's position.

"You have violated not only my wishes by coming here but you have denied the conditions my father implemented ones that you seem to have forgot!" He spat.

She froze as he finished. We all stood fixated on the unfolding scene before the male acted.

He reached a clawed hand towards her now raised and exposed forehead. Cocked one of his talons and delivered an underwhelming flick to the forehead.

"Ack!" She recoiled.

"Jesus' child, when will you ever learn to follow instructions?"

"Alright come on, get your sorry carcass off the floor." He yawned.

We each exchanged looks of confusion. Ilulu, a dragon known for her destructive nature and capabilities, a child with a temper, was acquainted with a dragon so kind, curious and elegant.

"We good over there?" Miss Kobayashi called, a surprisingly casual tone infecting her words.

"If you consider alive yet irritated good, then yeah." Y/N drawled in return.

"Care to explain?" Elma inquired.

"Come on, it's your mess, you clean it up." Y/N deadpanned Ilulu.

The redhead rose from her position, a red mark evident on her milky white forehead of which she rubbed as she walked.

"Everyone, Ilulu, Ilulu everyone, say hi."

"You treat this like a casual greeting." Elma stated.

"Is it not?" Y/N responded.

"Y/N, humans don't treat attempted murder as a form of casual greeting." I exasperated

"I wouldn't be getting smart with me Tohru. You just attempted to kill someone rather relevant to me, so I don't exactly have a lot of patience right now." He glared.