Chapter 10

Y/N POV

The others were thankfully unharmed as was I, my armour certainly wasn't. fragments of energy had deviated from the wave and had managed to catch pieces of the suit. The result? A warped and glass dotted suit of metal, now rendered useless. Bits of crystalline material began to break off from the steel and crash to the floor.

I thanked my maker for the suits' existence, it had done its first job, now I had to demonstrate its second.

"Y/N?" A voice whispered from behind me.

I turned my head and sure enough, I saw Tohru now adorning her human form, a look of concern and surprise plastered on her face.

"Is everyone... is everyone alright." I exasperated.

They all cautiously nodded in response, they looked terrified. I gripped at gaps in my armour and pulled it apart, ripping the entire thing of my body in one motion before it crashed to the floor in a heap of metal, glass shards and dust.

"Tohru. Can you stand?"

"Maybe, I healed the break but it's still, GAH!" She cried.

"Ok this strategy isn't going to work; we have to finish this. That's if he's still alive." I ordered. Conjuring up a simple fabric mask and placing it over my face.

"WAIT Y/N!"

I smashed into the glassy field, eyes darting around wildly trying to locate the one who created it. Grunting abruptly sounded from my right. I lowered into my stance ready for another spell to come my way, none did.

They're stood Damocles, bloodied, bruised and beaten, crystalline material still flaking off his scales. He was exhausted, I could tell. The magic had taken a toll on his already weakened body. Despite all that however, he didn't look like he would be giving up anytime soon.

"Damocles."

"I'm, not, done... UGH!!" He barked in pain as his legs buckled.

"You're finished! Look at you, you can hardly even stand!" I exasperated.

He cast an eye in my direction, raising his glass covered claw, I followed suit with my lance, waiting for him to strike.

"Wait please stop this!" Kobayashi yelled causing us to both turn our heads in her direction.

"You guys are seriously fighting?!" She called as she slid down a slope of crystal.

"Stay out... of our affairs human." The male barely managed to gasp.

"You know you're not gonna get anywhere unless you figure out a way to compromise."

"What is your point?" The elder asked. He seemed to have recovered enough to speak properly.

"Your overreacting! I don't understand why it had to come to this."

I rolled my eyes under the fabric, already knowing the dragon's response.

"No of course not a human could never understand a dragon." He replied.

"Your so wrong." I spoke

This caught the elder of guard as both he and Tohru grunted in surprise.

"Knowing your different is only the beginning." She started. "If you except those differences you can move past them and grow even closer."

"Then you'll find aspects about what's different that you like which helps build respect."

"Respect." Damocles snarled.

"Next you bond and forge trust." I seconded.

"Impossible, living alongside each other will not work." He replied.