✐ 𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍

AS THE SUN ROSE brightly, the sunrays managed to hit [name]'s face as [name] slowly opened her eyes as she sniffed the air

AS THE SUN ROSE brightly, the sunrays managed to hit [name]'s face as [name] slowly opened her eyes as she sniffed the air. hearing the sound of her clogged nose, she groaned at the thought of struggling to breathe through her nose today.

kyojuro tightened his grip on the woman as he felt the woman shuffling under the blue sheets. kyojuro furrowed his brows as [name] was wrapping her arms around him, bringing him close to her. the flame hashira then slowly opened his eyes to see [name] hugging him tightly as she let her legs bein tangled with his.

she sniffed as he could hear her runny nose and kyojuro could only pat her back warmly. "are you alright? do you feel better?" kyojuro asked. [name] nodded. "better," she simply said as she didn't feel the fever being as worst as yesterday. "i might need to leave for a mission today," he mumbled. "haven't you asked for permission..?" [name] asked slowly. "i feel bad for always being gone during winter seasons," kyojuro said silently. "but don't worry, i'll have senjuro to be here today," kyojuro smiled. "he'll help you around," kyojuro added.

"kyojuro.. he's just a child, i'm just an additional burden to him," [name] trailed off. "nonsense, you're never a burden to me and my family," he said brightly. "father also wants to see how you're doing, i think father has a soft spot for you," kyojuro beamed happily as [name] nodded. "okay..." she trailed off with a small weak smile.

"i'll help you get ready," kyojuro grinned brightly before he gently pushed [name] off and sat up, before pushing himself to stand up and he let out a hand for [name] to take. [name] took his warm big hands into hers and kyojuro guided her to the bathroom as he helped her bathe. after helping her with bathing, drying her, and helping her wear her red kimono, kyojuro sat behind [name] with disheveled golden hair and a tired look on his face, though he masked it with a golden smile.

kyojuro ran the comb through her locks gently as [name] placed a small cloth over her mouth and nose before sneezing into it. "bless you," kyojuro exclaimed brightly. "thank you," [name] said weakly as she heard him saying it for the 7th time now. [name] pressed the cloth before pulling the cloth away and sniffing, looking at the mirror that showed her pale complexion. she looked tired and sick, unhealthy.

[name] frowned a bit at how dark her eyebags had grown and how red her nose is as she prod her cheeks playfully with a pout. "hm? what are you doing?" kyojuro asked with a small smile. "i'm just thinking, i look way different," she said silently as kyojuro patted her head affectionately. "which is perfect as always!" his sincerity was evident in his warm voice as [name] felt her heart blooming in warmth.

"onee-san!" a voice chriped happily as a younger version of kyojuro stood happily at the sight of the weak woman. "hello senjuro-kun," she said with a small smile as she kneeled down to his level and opened her arms wide as senjuro jumped into her arms, hugging her tightly.

"father! brother! thank you for coming," kyojuro chirped happily at the sight as he patted senjuro's golden hair. "tch," rengoku rolled his eyes. "please take good care of my wife, i'll be home as soon as i can," he smiled brightly as rengoku sighed silently. "i'll take good care of her," he said as kyojuro beamed at his father. "thank you father," he smiled brightly before turning to [name] and senjuro. "senjuro, [name], i'll be going now, take care!" he exclaimed brightly as [name] nodded silently. "be careful, sweetheart," she replied.

"i will," was all kyojuro said before he disappeared. senjuro leaned back and held [name]'s sides. "how is it between you two?" rengoku asked silently as [name] smiled brightly at him before coughing a bit. "it's alright, everything is great between the both of us," [name] said softly.

"you should get some rest, you shouldn't be out here," rengoku said as he grabbed her arm rather tightly and dragged her inside the house as senjuro followed the both of them, clinging on to the woman before he let go of [name] to shut the door.

kyojuro sat [name] down in the dining room's chairs as [name] sat silently, before feeling a familiar tingle in her nose as she reached for her cloth inside her kimono's pockets before she placed it on her nose and mouth, sneezing into it loudly.

rengoku started pulling out various items onto the counter before digging for some ingredients. senjuro scampered towards [name] after shutting the door. "onee-san..." he trailed off silently with a small frown. "are you feeling better?" senjuro asked as [name] could only stare at him tiredly. "not really, but i will," she said happily as senjuro grew worry when he noticed just how tired she looked.

"do you need a blanket, onee-san?" he asked softly as [name] shook her head. "it's alright, i'm okay," she patted his head with a weak hand and senjuro grabbed her hands gently, his warmth radiating from his body as it gave [name] a sense of comfort in some way.

senjuro kept a hold on her hand as he smiled softly at the girl. "here, eat," rengoku beckoned as he placed a tray in front of [name] which consists of a bowl of ramen and a cup of warm tea. "you'll need to start your day with a warm meal, since it's winter, you need to take in as much warmth as you can," rengoku said before he crossed his arms around his chest.

[name] stared down at the tray as the broth of the ramen coruscated with light. the brown chicken broth made the thin lines of noodles sink in. meat was carefully placed at the side of the ramen and the egg was placed near the meat. sheets of seaweed were dipped inside the ramen. [name] could only gulp in amusement.

"understood, thank you, rengoku-sama," [name] smiled brightly before she clasped her hands together, muttering a quick prayer then started eating a bowl of ramen as rengoku took a seat near her.

"have my son been taking care of you?" he asked rather interrogatively. "he has been taking care of me very well," [name] answered after gulping down the chewed ramen. senjuro plopped on to the seat next to [name] as he looked at her brightly. "good good," rengoku said as [name] raised a brow. "or else we would've had a small chat," he simply added as [name] sweatdropped.