Chapter 1: Training Grounds

We back ladies and gentlemen. The story of young Yoriichi continues. I'm sure some of you want it to accelerate faster but please, have a little bit more patience with me. Before you know it, we'll be straight at the start of the DxD content :)

Long Ps-
I still have yet to give my mans a potential main interest since some of the ideas I've already used/already using. Rossweisse was a good shout but you know.. Vergil already claimed that. Koneko? Eh, a little overused in this site for my tastes. Asia? Surprisingly, not that big of a fan of her. Xenovia? A certain son of a red headed sword lover, son of Excalibur wielder, red headed himself katana that can cut literally anything creator, already has it reserved in the future.. I'll keep my eyes open still.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kyojuro: "Alright boy, hold the sword as so"

Yoriichi looked over to his father and tried to replicate the same pose.

Kyojuro: "Good. Follow me"

He slowly swung his wooden sword as the young Yoriichi followed diligently.

Kyojuro: "While I want you to follow my lead, I also want you to swing how it feels most comfortable to you. It's okay to switch your breathing technique if you want, all to help you out"

For the next couple of minutes, Yoriichi would almost mirror his father's fighting with a few minor mistakes in between.

Kyojuro: "You've steadily improved my son, Yoriichi. Now, I'd like you to learn one of the 9 family flame techniques. I'm sure it's still too early for you but I'd like for you to eventually be able to use it if you wish. Observe as I preform the first of them"

He readied himself with his nichirin sword at his side.

Kyojuro: "Flame breathing, first form"

His eyes widened as he put his full concentration into this next attack.

Kyojuro: "Unknown fire"

He lunged forward at a speed that a normal human wouldn't be able to track. He followed the charge with a swift yet powerful slash as flames emit from his sword. He calmly kneels down and turns his as he carefully sheaths the blade. His hand drags across the length of the handle before leaving his palm on the bottom cap.

Kyojuro: "I'm sure that was probably too quick for you to understand?"

I shake my head as I walk over to him.

Yoriichi: "I understood it, but I'm not sure I'm capable of doing it"

Kyojuro: "Don't force yourself son. Try to imitate it at a slow pace, upping the speed little by little until you have your very own Nichirin sword"

He sat down on the bench next to me as he pat my head.

Kyojuro: "But most importantly, remember that you don't have to follow in your mother and I's footsteps. You don't have to inherit what we do. As long as you love what you do, I will always be proud of you"

He shows me one of his usual smiles as I hold my wooden sword in front of me.

Yoriichi: "I want to continue the bloodline. I want to protect others the way you and mother do"

Kanae: "Kyojuro, Yoriichi. Time for a break"

Mother came in with some snacks in a tray which she set up on the bench. Father and I took a bite of one of them just as mother plunged her ears.

Kyojuro/Yoriichi: "DELICIOUS!!/Delicious"

Kanae: "*giggles* I'm happy to see you two enjoy my cooking"