Chapter 5: Attack Of The Sun Temple

Double upload coming once my phone charges up once again. For now, enjoy a happy Nagao.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tournament had officially kicked off with the worshipers of Lady Amaterasu in attendance. Along with them, some of the highest ranking members in the clan were watching while paying attention that nobody interrupts the sacred event.

Kyojuro: "I take it that everything is running smoothly father?"

Shinjuro: "So far, not even a peep. Let's keep it that way"

Kyojuro: "Of course. I'll continue to monitor around the palace until my son takes the stage"

Shinjuro: "Our men have taken up the posts. We should be fine"

Kyojuro: "I'll do my task. I'll be back in a second"

He jumps up and disappears as a trail of flames are all that's left behind.

Shinjuro: "Still as quick as ever. *chuckles* My boy is the Hashira"

He walked over to the edge and watched as a young girl with her hair in two buns wiped the floor with her competition.

Announcer: "THE WINNER OF THIS ROUND!! XUELAN NAKAHARA!!"

She gave a piece sign to everyone as she smiled from ear to ear.

Announcer: "Up next, we have a child that's been the hype of the tournament. He is the son of the current Flame Hashira.."

The crowd went silent and stood up as a boy with a scar on his forehead began to walk up the stairs with a face lacking any emotion.

Announcer: "YORIICHI RENGOKU!!"

The crowd erupted in a chair that took me out of my comfort zone. I was thinking of leaving but then I noticed Xuelan walking over to me.

Xuelan: "See you in the next round"

She lifted her hand up and waited for me to give her a high five.

Yoriichi: "O-Oh. Yes"

I clapped her hand as I walked in with my wooden sword at my side. I stared up to the crowd and noticed Grandfather looking down with a stern glare. Beside him though, was mother cheering at the top of her lungs.

Kanae: "GOOD LUCK YORIICHI!! DO YOUR BEST!!!"

Shinjuro: "He will win this-Ow!!"

He received a slap to the back of his head from an older woman who watched over the upcoming battle.

Shinjuro: "What was that about Ruka?!"

Ruka: "Enough with your constant pressure on the boy

Ruka: "Enough with your constant pressure on the boy. Let him enjoy this"

The two made eye contact and she gave the boy a reassuring smile.