𝓓𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶: 30

"I feel hopeless around you, Jaemin"

"Yujin, I made a promise to you. I'm not going to leave you, "The boy spoke while caressing the girl's hair. "My past was really dark as a teenage boy, and the moment I met you under that tree, you light me up Yujin," he added, drawing the girl into his chest as she sobbed.

The girl in his arms falls asleep as time passes. He sighed and ruffled his hair out of habit. Putting a light kiss on her brow and tucking her in for the night. "I'll be back," he said quietly as he watched the girl cuddle up to his duvet.

As Jaemin opened his door to leave the bedroom, he noticed Jeno standing outside, ready to knock. "Why?" Jaemin queried. "You might want to see this," the boy said as he walked downstairs, and Jaemin trailed behind him. Both boys entered the security room, which was filled with monitors.

"You know fully how our security works. The face recognition," Jeno began as he sat in front of the screen on a chair. "Look at this, the girl easily passed the security," he said, pointing to video footage of the front door, where the intruder easily unlocked it. Jaemin furrowed his brows.

"She even knows your gate's password," Jeno continued, looking at the boy next to him. "How is that possible?" Jaemin rubbed his stressed face with his palm. "You do realise that face recognition only applies to the Na family?" Jeno questioned.

Jaemin nodded, remembering that Jeno's father's technology was only for his family and Jaemin's. "Is it possible to hack this?" The boy asked. "I don't even know," Jeno shakes his head. "I'll have to ask Dad about that," he replied, rubbing his brows.

"I'm so stupid, I should have installed a camera on that damn machine," Jeno groaned. "It's okay Jeno, you've done enough. I think you should go see Bi," Jaemin uttered and his friend nodded, standing up from his seat and left the room.

The unsettling emotion and overthinking had him drowned in a series of flashbacks that played on his eyes. Jaemin was nervous, no, he was frightened.

ɖʀɛǟʍ

"Jaemin!!" Ri yelled as he leapt into the boy's arms. Jaemin chuckled at the girl while his gaze was drawn to the other. "Hello Bi," Jaemin said. Bi returned his greeting with a timid smile. Jaemin's eyes broken at the sight of the girl. "Jeno!!" exclaimed Ri once more as she dashed towards the said boy.

Jeno chuckled, his eyes smiling, but he dropped them as soon as he saw Bi's red eyes. Jeno moved closer to the other one, slowly pulling himself away from Ri. "Hey Bi, you good?" He asked, caressing her arm. Bi winced as he touched her, causing the boy's eyes to flutter. Jeno slowly raises her sleeve, exposing a blue bruise on her right arm.

"Bi! What happened?" Asked Jaemin as he approached her. "Nothing," the girl stuttered as she looked at her sister. "She's really careless." "She felt in the bathroom this morning," Ri said, linking her arms with Jaemin and Jeno. Bi pushed her sleeve down to avoid the boy's gaze.

"Let's go get some ice cream!" exclaimed Ri, pulling the two boys along with her. Bi trailed after them. "Oh, Bi, don't you have any work to do?" Ri said as she came to a halt and turned to face her sister. "Uh-huh. "I'll go," the girl said as she stepped back from the three. "Bi," Jeno said.

Bi walked back towards their neighbourhood, her stepped slowly heading back towards their house, noting the tears on her face. As Ri drew him towards the ice cream shop, Jaemin watched her back slowly fade from view.

"Jeno, Bi was brought to the hospital," said the voice on the other end of the line, causing the boy to stand up abruptly. "What happened?" Jaemin questioned, his gaze drawn to his troubled friend. "Bi, she's in the hospital," he stated as he led Jaemin and Ri out of the ice cream parlour.

"Wait, what happened?" Jeno stood next to the bed, which was also occupied by Haechan and Renjun. "She fainted in front of her house," Renjun explained. Jeno's gaze is drawn to the girl's frail figure. "Hello, Miss Na family member?" questioned the nurse. "Me. "Jaemin, I'll go," Jeno said, following the nurse.

"Attention seeker,"

Jaemin turned his attention to the girl next to him with his brows furrowed. "What did you say?" The boy asked. "Huh? Nothing".

Take it, the moonlight in the night skyTake it, the starlight next to itYeah, I'll give it to you every night

Take it, the starlight next to it
Yeah, I'll give it to you every night