8

"HI." EREN HAS SAID NERVOUSLY. he fidgeted with his fingers anxiously.

"hi." you replied back, finding more interest in the walls around you instead of the man in front of you. you stood there awkwardly, both avoiding eye contact.

"okay, no." he spoke up. "on the count of 3, let's both look at each other- okay?" he spoke up. you hesitated. "okay, 3, 2, 1." you both lifted up your heads, facing each other. your eyes examined his face first, his hair peeking from under a beanie, his chiseled chin, and long eyelashes. but what captivated you most was his eyes. they were enchanting.

"you have really pretty eyes." you spoke, right after regretting it. eren smirked slightly and let out a breathy chuckle.

"and you are just really pretty." he replied. you rolled your eyes, then examining his physique. he was tall, obviously muscular yet very lean. you expected nothing less. his eyes then trailed your body, eyes stopping at your bare thighs.

"okay, okay. eyes are up here." you snapped and he looked back to you. "let's go." you both took off, you still wearing his jacket. eren had a graphic tee on with some baggy jeans and of course his beanie. although his hair was tucked into it, so you couldn't quite see if his hair was as long as jesus's. connie and jean were obviously the comedians that came up with that.

"you wanna go to the skate park and smoke there?" he asked, looking in your direction beside you. "i brought my board." he wiggled the piece of wood lightly from under his arm.

"sure, why not." you looked at his other side, board tucked under his arm, a tattoo of a bouquet of flowers peeped through from under his sleeve. "you have your board too, i'd like to see you skate."

"i'm too good, you'll be even more head over heels with me even more."

    "now i actually hear you say cheesy things like that in person only makes me hate you more." you scoffed, jokingly. eren elbowed you lightly snickering just this tiniest bit. you both walked on the sidewalk in silence- an awkwardness spreading over you two, but for some reason it was a very comfortable feeling.

    "i can see why sasha was hiding me from you. you're a little cutie patootie." he giggled like a little girl and wiggled his finger in front of my face.

    "i'm leaving." you stopped and turned around.

    "i'm joking, i'm joking!" he laughed and swung you back around, directing you both in the initial direction you both started to walk in. outside was brisk; cold- but not freezing. eren's jacket did help warm you up, but you couldn't deny the cold nip on your nose and thighs. however, you tried your best to ignore it. the brunette was also obviously cold, his red nose and tensed shoulders made him seem as though he was trying to find some extra heat somewhere.

    "do you skip classes a lot?" you asked. he let out a hum, thinking of his answer. you looked at him expectantly.

    "sometimes, but not too much." he answered, making eye contact with you. "i still need to pass, my mom would kill me if not." he smiled and faced forwards again, clearing his throat.

    "i've never understood why some people come to college and then purposely fail."

    "that's why you're a little goody-two-shoes." eren teased, making you smile in the slightest.

    "i don't want to be screw ups like my family was. ever." you announced. you felt the tension between you two rise and an awkwardness filled the air. "sorry, i didn't- sorry." you just shut up, straying away from embarrassing yourself more.

    "don't apologize, i get you entirely. very valid reason too." he comforted and pat your back in a friendly manner. "why'd you choose psychology?"

    "i just think the mind is so cool. i've always been good at reading people, especially those i have known. i think it's because i stray afar, i tend to watch closely. but i don't know, it seems so intriguing because think about it- everyone has a reason behind all their actions, they just sometimes aren't aware of the intentions or even their consciousness a lot of times." you rambled. seeing eren go quiet, you shrunk into the jacket trying to find a source of comfort. "sorry, didn't mean to geek out on you."