the price we pay

There are ways of dying that do not end with a funeral. Types of deaths you can't see, feel or smell. Because death, just like love, has a mind of its own and some things can't be prevented.

What started as an innocent high school quest in search of truth and revenge quickly turned into something entirely else.

Something that Aspen Cornwell never anticipated. Something that shatters her entire reality, leaving her without an idea what to do next. She has lost almost everything that mattered to her so losing herself doesn't really make that much of a difference to her.

When Collin Adamms returns back with a new dose of truth about what really happened to Courtney Chapel, alongside with his new-found memory that he lost due to his temporary retrograde amnesia, he finds Aspen in a state he would have never imagined.

She seems like an entirely different person and reminds him so much of himself. They are both stuck in a vicious cycle of lies, schemes and addictions and Collin's determined to finally make things right.

He tries desperately to save Aspen from her own self-destruction because the price they all have been paying seems like too much and he's not willing to pay anymore. Definitely not for something someone else should be paying for.

But saving someone else while also trying to save yourself from demons constantly shadowing your every move might be more difficult than he thought.

And maybe they aren't done paying for all the lies just yet. 

This story is a continuation of The Shameless Little Lies and CAN'T be read as a stand-alone without the first two books (The Merciless Blacklist of Highland High #1 and The Shameless Little Lies #2).

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE PLEASE! IT TAKES A SECOND BUT HELPS ME OUT SO MUCH WITH GETTING A BROADER AUDIENCE FOR THIS STORY AND THE TOPICS DISCUSSED WITHIN. :)

Thank you so much for choosing to read this story, for still being here after all this time. I hope you are going to enjoy the crazy ride on the rollercoaster that I intend on taking you throughout this book. If you enjoy I would be incredibly happy with a feedback from you. Maybe filling in the little star below or leaving a comment?

• • •

Disclaimer:  I cannot stress this enough but this story contains bullying, drug use, body shaming theme, underage alcohol use, vandalizing extraneous property, inappropriate language, sexual theme and many more. It focuses on many important topics that however, some people might find quite heavy. Please be aware of that before you decide to read. 

Thank you for reading once again.
Sincerely,
Nessa.