6 no one wants you here

idk why i'm even texting you since you probably don't care anyway but i just left Timothy's place and Aspen's staying there

idk why i'm even texting you since you probably don't care anyway but i just left Timothy's place and Aspen's staying there. her mom died on Wednesday and she's not doing good. thought you should know. if you even see this. wherever the fuck you are.

I've been staring at the text from Connor for the past ten minutes, totally baffled because it's from Connor. Connor, who never texts me. Connor, who has barely even spoken to me during the past two years. I actually got the text about an hour ago and didn't see it right away because my phone was dead and I had to find a sparge charger in the house to plug it in and charge it.

I tried calling him but he didn't answer and honestly, I wasn't even surprised at that but even now, as I'm sitting in my mom's car, still parked in front of the house, I struggle to wrap my head around why he would text me in the first place. It's not like him at all, and I can't shake the feeling something has to be wrong if he went out of his way and reached out to me. He never talks to me anymore.

The shit show that had gone down inside has left me beyond shaken up and even though I knew it wouldn't go well even before I stepped my foot in, I didn't think I'd be the first one to leave. But I couldn't deal with the screaming and crying and accusations. With Rose's shocked expression once she found out Carlos is her biological father and they all had been keeping it from her this entire time.

"I don't believe you," she told me when I broke the news to her, Mom already full-on bawling and Carlos and my father just standing there without saying anything.

It pissed me off even more, seeing them not wanting to clarify, to admit it. "You're not gonna say anything?" I asked them as I turned my gaze to them, locking my jaw hard. "I just told her you've been lying to her about who her real father is and you don't have anything to say to that?"

Apparently not. Because they still kept on their stony faces, refusing to open their goddamn mouths.

I pushed off the couch, clenching and unclenching my fists at my sides. I would punch the shit out of them if it didn't make the situation even worse. "You're all just bunch of fucking cowards," I told them, swiping my eyes over each and every one of them before taking a step and rounding the coffee table. "You know what? Fuck this. Keep lying to her. Keep lying to yourselves. I don't care anymore."

Why was I even trying with them? They didn't give a shit.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me as I crossed the living room, pausing at the foot of the staircase. "Ignoring it won't make it go away. But do whatever. I'm done trying to fix this family when it's clear we're not on the same page here."

And then I made my way upstairs, to my old room, slamming the door loud enough to let them know I was pissed even though I didn't show it. Fuck them. If they wanted to keep on with this play-pretend, I didn't have anything else to say to them.