Bastard

It was pitch black but Taka was active. They were still in the marshland terrain because he didn't know of anywhere to go. Ambrose lay unconscious with the grass bedding his back, Taka made sure his wound was healed and his destroyed clothes are sewn back with magic to keep his body temperature normal. Even so, the bitter cold still festered and even the longest heating spell dimmed under the frost. 

Taka's magic wasn't used to simple spells, he mostly did combat so something like cleaning a room could possibly destroy it. He used a fire spell for heating and almost set the marsh into flames, by accident. Luckily Ambrose appeared to have some charm on his form to keep his body temperature regulated, it greatly tempted Taka's instincts.

His eyes lulled but he fought against himself. He had to be prepared for when the man awakes. Fighting was getting harder by the hour, as his brain exercised energy his magic began to waver with his fleeting consciousness. He lay in a cat loaf position atop some shrub at a higher elevation getting a full view of Ambrose from below its edge. He couldn't help the fall of his eyes and the fading of the warming magic. He tucked his head into his paws to preserve the heat and finally succumbed to sleep.

🐾

Taka felt toasty, the sensation was pleasant. He was in between the midst of sleep and wakefulness when a heavy gust of chilly wind had him digging his claws further into the warmth. The heat source grew warmer with a heavyweight appearing on his back. Taka's ear flickered noticing something not right, he squinted his eyes. 

Green irises greeted his own. Taka was stunned, how had he gotten on the warlock's chest?

"Your awake?"

Taka hissed and tore himself out of the hand above him running a distance away from the man. When he turned around to look at him he was smiling. How dare he. 

"Not a morning person I surmise," Ambrose chuckled sitting up.

"Don't ever touch me again," Taka emphasized each word. Ambrose raised an eyebrow at the hissy kitty, "I seem to recall you willingly touching me."

"I recall no such thing," Taka realized he may have subconsciously sought warmth last night but didn't want to admit it he cozied up against a witch.

"Think whatever you like then," Ambrose stretched and a cloak appeared in his hands swooshing around his body. His white hair turned black along with it. The cloak hid his identity by changing his hair. "I have important matters to attend to and I might just get injured along the way," Taka knew what that meant, he had to follow him because it was a part of the deal to heal him if he were injured. It didn't really matter because familiars couldn't be away long from their witch anyway.

"Where are we going?" Taka straightened.

"No, it will just be me, you stay in here," he pointed to a ring on his left hand, and with hesitation, Taka moved closer to get a better look. "You want me to...get into your storage ring?" What the fuck. 

"It's special, it can hold familiars," he explained. 

"Do you always hide your familiars in such spaces?" Then it dawned on Taka that this man was conveniently familiar-less. "Why were you here with no familiar anyway?" The only reason someone would come near the demons with no familiar is if they wanted to commit suicide. 

"I've never had a familiar before, you'd be the first," he smoothly said as if were a breeze of nature and not a freak of nature. "Are you suicidal!?" Taka wanted to cough a hairball, he had to now teach an ignorant witch proper survival skills. He wasn't ready to guardian.

"Well, I haven't had the need for one until now." He then gestured to his storage ring, "We can talk more in a warm environment." 

Taka couldn't believe this warlock but even so, he put a paw on the ring and was transported inside. The space was dark and things were clustered around, clearly, someone didn't organize the space. Seeing unfamiliar items he couldn't help but be curious and mess with a few. A bag of marbles scattered around and he had fun chasing after them. Taka got bored quickly and pawed at some machine-looking things. 

What is this? Taka asked Ambrose through the link. He seemed startled at the connection, Taka could guess. 

-What are you looking at?

I don't know that's why I'm asking, Taka sneered.

-Well, I can't see through your head, Ambrose engaged.

It looks like a machine, with a handle used for holding and a snout that extends.

-You have a funny way of describing things.

And you have a way of not giving my answers, Taka was growing agitated.

-It's probably a gun.

A gun? What's that? Taka sniffed it smelling a familiar musk that usually would penetrate the soil of recently abandoned battlefields.

-It's used to kill things, are you a new familiar?

That greatly offended Taka, the bastard doesn't know how big of a deal he is and what his existence can bring. But Taka didn't know if he should trust this man yet, he couldn't just pull his best cards out because of a tease of insult.

No I'm not I'd say I'm much older than you. Very old, Taka drawled.

-You think so? Well, I think I'm older than you. Perhaps he's more informed than him in present-day things but Taka still felt he was older. 

A witch can't live long without a familiar, I think you are as old as you look.

-You're mistaken, I'm a Warlock.

Taka frowned and formed a nest of clothing he found in a pile, I see no difference.

-No more talking, I have business.

The bastard dared ignore him, he doesn't have to listen to masters anymore, he is more free than he ever was. So why was he listening to this man? In this cramped storage ring like an object. This witch or warlock or whatever needs to understand properly that his first familiar won't be thrown around and obedient. 

🐈

🐈

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.