CHAPTER 4: Lucas, Lucas, Lucas

The prom was held at the school hall, and there was party at the cover playground and basketball court. Lucas and I went straight to the hall, the playground was over-crowded.

The Student Union clearly wanted to make the whole thing super romantic: slow, love songs were playing, the was nothing but a banner written "Junior Prom 2015" in the hall, the whole play was for us to dance. I looked around the room, young couples were dancing in the middle, some were hiding at the corner, god knows what they were doing. Some singles girls in group were standing aside, waiting for someone to bring them to the middle. The boys were searching for their Girl-Of-The-Night. I looked at Lucas, he was already looking and me.

He cleared his throat and took out his hand, "May I?"

I put my hands on his.

We walked to the middle, as I heard some girls whispering, surely wondering why Lucas will be with me, you know, I'm not the prettiest and not the popular one, plus thousands of beautiful girls wanted to be the first one to dance with him. And I was not supposed to be the one.

" They're talking about me right? " I whispered to Lucas.

"Because you look incredible." he whispered back.

"Nah." I said with a smile.

"You smiled because you agree too." He raised his eyebrows.

He turned himself and faced at me. I looked away.

He let go of my hands and put his on my waist, I put one hand on his too, and one on his shoulder. My heart beats faster and faster. I have never been so closed to Lucas. The smell of pepper mint and sunshine of his is comforting my nerves. He is somehow... making me feel warm and safe when I'm so near him. And because of the prom mood, he's making me nervous, and enchanted. Like what others' feeling.

I thought I have been looking down so it's time for me to look up.

He is gazing at me.

Gazing at me like I'm the only thing he needs to look at.

He caught my eyes and I can't look away, so I gaze back.

He hold me to closer to him, now I can feel him breathing in and out on top of my head. We didn't say anything, just dancing slowly, like we're drifting away by the music...

For one moment, I thought that we belong to each other.

And then...

"Gurrrrrr"

"Um... You're hungry?" I said.

He was totally embarrassed, "Yeah..."

"Let's go down and get some food." I said, giggling.

Than we walked down to the cover playground.

Loud music, people dancing like crazy, laughing, kissing. That's what happening in the playground when we got down there.

We got some cupcakes and Jolly Shandy for dinner, and leaned against the wall and have our dinner.

"Crazy, they party like it's their nature." Lucas said.

"Being crazy is one of the human nature, I guess."

Then suddenly Lucas grabbed my hand and lead me out of school.

"Hey Lu, where are we going?"

"Shh, just follow me. I'm not going to hurt you alright."

Then he stopped at the little playground outside a kindergarten.