five

Everyone was piling out of your car in the medical center parking garage. It was the early hours of the morning and it was time for your shifts. This morning though, Val walked in the bathroom while Scott was just taking a shower. She walked in in just a tank top and underwear, grabbed his toothbrush and began brushing her teeth.

"You don't understand," Scott continued as you all walked into the building. "Me gonads, you ovaries."

"Oh, that reminds me," Val said. "We are out of tampons."

"You're parading through the bathroom in your underwear when I'm naked in the shower."

"Can you add it to your list, please?"

"What?!"

"Tampons," you clarified. "To the list, it's your turn."

"I am a man!" Scott yelled. "I don't buy girl products."

"Ooo," Clint grimaced. "I wouldn't say that if you don't want to get kicked out. Besides, I bought them last time they needed some. It's really not a big deal."

"Still! I don't want them walking in while I'm in the shower. And I don't want to see them in their underwear!"

"It doesn't bother me, okay?" Val said. "Look at me in my underwear, Scott. Take your time. It's no big deal."

As you walked into the hospital and headed to the locker room, you spotted Steve down the hall. You bit your check because how could a man still look that attractive this early in the morning? All dirty scrubs and patriotic scrub cap. You got changed into your scrubs before meeting Gamora at a nurses station. Your group of interns was in charge of pre-rounds today.

"You are the first person they see in the morning," Gamora stated, explaining how you all should act. "You say please. You say thank you. You apologize for waking them up. You make them feel good about you. Why is that important? Cause then they'll talk to you and tell you what's wrong. Why is that important? Because then you can tell you're attending what they need to know during rounds. And why is that important? Because if you make your resident look bad, she'll torture you until you beg for your mother. Now get out there. I want pre-rounds done be 5:30 am."

You all nodded at turned away, heading to your patients.

"I better get good patients today," you told Natasha. "Yesterday, I had two guys with colostomies who needed dressing changes every 15 minutes."

"I'm gonna be in surgery," Natasha responded. "Today's my day."

"On what?"

"Like I'd tell you."

You squinted your eyes at her. "What do you know?"

"I know that I was here at 4:00 and you didn't get here till 4:30."

"Tell me."

"No. I'm not the intern who's screwing an attending."

"I am not screw-"

As you turned the corner, you suddenly rammed into someone. Their hands found your arms, steadying you. When you looked up, you saw Steve smirking down on you.

"I was just looking for you," he said.

"Oh, really?" You sqeaked, quickly clearing your throat. Natasha simply rolled her eyes before walking away. "Um, why are you here so early?"

"I have a cordotomy at 5:00. I'll be out at 6:00. I thought I might buy your breakfast before your rounds."

"I've already eaten." You moved out of his grip to head down the hall.