ten

You were sleepily cuddled up to Steve in the comfort of your bed when you heard Val's voice outside your door.

"Clint!" She exclaimed. "You locked the door. I need to take a shower."

"Uh, uh, I'll be out in a minute!" Clint responded.

"What are you doing in there?"

You groaned, curling into Steve further. His hold tightened around you as the bickering continued out in the hallway.

"It's private!" Clint answered.

"Oh. Oh my. I'm sorry!" Val said. "I get it! I didn't mean to interrupt."

"They're so loud," Steve grumbled. "Don't they know that we're right here, trying to sleep?"

"Just ignore them," you mumbled in reply. "They'll eventually stop."

"I am not doing what you think I'm doing!" Clint continued.

"You know what, there's really no need to explain," Val responded. "I'll wait. You just... finish."

"No, I'm... I'm coming. I'm coming out."

You heard the bathroom door open, causing you to bury your face into Steve's neck. Then Val and Clint continued talking, annoying you greatly. With a grunt you separated from Steve and got out of bed.

"Where are you going?" Steve asked, reaching out for you.

"I'll be right back," you replied, kissing his lips lightly before be-lining for the door. You tore it open, causing Val, who had been leaning on it, to struggle with her balance. "What is going on out here?"

"Nothing," Clint quickly answered.

"He's freaked out cause I caught him playing with little Jimmy and the twins," Val responded.

"Val! I have a girlfriend."

"Okay," Val laughed with a nod.

Clint huffed, storming away to his room and slamming the door.

"This sounds like fun out here," Steve said, walking up behind you. His phone began ringing. Giving it a quick glance, Steve stuffed it away in his pockets.

"Aren't you gonna get that?" You asked. "It might be the hospital."

"It's not." He gave you a kiss. "Breakfast?"

Steve walked down the hall, leaving you standing there a bit suspicious. And still annoyed that your roommates had woken you and Steve up.

~~~

Natasha was at the medical center. She was hiding in the stairwell, on the phone.

"No, look, I told you people I'm not coming for a counseling session," she told whoever was on the other end of the call. "I know all my options... Yeah, uh, well I made my decision, and I made my appointment. I'll be there on the 16th."

She hung up as Bruce walked up the stairs.

"I paged you last night," he said, slightly nervous.

"Oh, I wasn't on call," Natasha replied.

"That's not why I paged you. You could give me your home number."

"Um, Banner... I... uh, I gotta go."

And she quickly went through the stairwell door, leaving Bruce standing there confused.

~~~

Clint and Laura, his new nurse girlfriend, were chatting at one of the nurses station.