London is a Perfectly Strange Place

We walked for hours and hours. By the time, the sun was beginning to set, my feet were aching and my stomach growling.

"You know, if you're hiding, Vis*," I said trying to keep my mind off my feet and stomach, "You will need a disguise. After all, you have many easily identifiable traits."

Tewkesbury looked over at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Like what?"

"That hair," Enola stated sourly.

He frowned putting a hand on his head. "What's wrong with it?"

"Well, people will be looking for a boy with long hair. You should probably cut it," I explained.

He nodded with a thoughtful look. Enola offered to help him cut it which was a bit of a surprise considering she wanted nothing to do with him. Then his brow furrowed and he turned to me.

"Did you say 'Vis'?" he asked.

My face flushed slightly as I nodded, "I'm well aware that 'Viscount' is merely your title but how on earth do you form a nickname from 'Tewkesbury'?"

"What do I need a nickname for?" he then asked still looking confused.

"Your name is dreadfully long if you hadn't noticed," I replied making Enola snicker, "So you need something shorter. It's more efficient. March, Enola, Vis."

He nodded slowly. "I see..."

Enola shook her head at me but I could tell she was smiling still. I can't help it sometimes. Certain things just make sense to me and I don't like when they are changed. A name is something to be called by. One shouldn't have to exhaust all one's air trying to get another's attention.

After a little further, I was ready to just stop where we were. My feet felt next to numb and my stomach was making quite a fuss. No amount of pressure would shut it up too which was incredibly embarrassing.

"It's getting late. We should think about sleeping soon," Enola announced.

Tewkesbury chuckled, "We should think about eating soon."

I nodded in agreement to his statement. She huffed putting her hands on her hips.

"There's no food here," she pointed out.

"Not true," he objected with a smile, "Look all around us."

The two of us sisters exchanged a confused look. We then both stared at him as if he'd grown two heads. We were in a field in the middle of the countryside for heaven's sake! He shook his head then gestured to a set of plants nearby.

"Arctium lappa, or as you would probably know it, burdock," he remarked, "Very tasty! There's Trifolium-"

"Clover," I gave the more common name with a smile.

His smile grew as he nodded. I then spotted a collection of fungi. Hmm...it's amazing what you find when you simply look down.

"There are mushrooms over here," I pointed out.

He bent down and plucked one out of the ground and holding it up proudly, "Agaricus lanipes—the princess."

I laughed plucking the mushroom from his hand. "Well now, all we need is a fire."

"I've got it," Enola nodded.

As she went to make the fire, Tewkesbury and I began collecting herbs and mushrooms. We worked in silence at first, but it wasn't long before he decided to break it.

"So March, what are you and your sister doing away from home?" he asked.

"Why did you say my name like that?" I frowned.