What's Your Name?

"Are you guys ready for your first day of school?"

"No."

"No"

Devn let out a small laugh while simultaneously driving into the schools parking lot and putting the car in park."Welp, this is your destination..... BYE"

"Nooo, i'm scared take us home"

"Yeah let's go home," your brother agreed

"Exactly, he agrees"

"Just go and tell me how it is"

"Then you'll pick us up right?"

"Yes, now get out!"

You and your younger brother open your own doors in sync, yours not opening. "Can't get out! Does this mean i don't have to go?" you smiled. "Nice tryy" Your stepmother said as she unlocks your car door. You hop out and say your "i love you"s before closing the door.

You walk behind your brother to the schools front doors, anxiously thinking if the other kids are paying attention to you or not as you basically blend into the crowd of mostly black people as they unload off their bus. A huge relief for you since your last school was all white and made you uncomfortable at times. You shook off your thoughts of your past and walked into the schools office, saying hello to the lady at the desk. Your brother giving a small wave before holding onto his backpack straps once again.

The woman at the front desk was a pale lady with long blonde hair that frizzed and curled so effortlessly into the half up half down style she had it in. The left out hair caressing her shoulders, her face droopy like she'd been working this job for her entire life but as a smile swept across her face she greeted you and your brother as she asked why you were there.

"We're new, this is our first day," you smiled

Your brother nodded in agreement
"You two must be the newest 9th and 11th graders!" The lady stood up from her seat and walked around her desk that looked sort of antique for a school front office.

She stood next to a smaller girl that looked to be a student for the obvious way she dressed. Wearing a yellow crop top with ruffles on the bottom that covered her stomach more and ripped light blue jeans, only revealing her knees. As well as box braids that stopped just above her hips. She was dark skin with big eyes. Kind of vague but it's the very first thing you noticed, her eyes. Big and dark brown with hazel spots that downturn but not dramatically.

The girl let out a small chuckle. "I'll show them around." She said as she started to walk out the office and down the halls. "So down here you can get breakfast if you want but as you can see the line is extra long because this is the 10th grade floor."

You and your brother listened as the girl walked to a stairwell and started down the stairs. "Down here and to the right is the 9th grade hall. This is where you'll be going everyday." She pointed to your brother.

"Ha, im on the bottom floor you're lameee"

"Oh shut up" you rolled your eyes

The girl laughed at your sibling bickering as she led you both to his class. "This is your home room, have fun!" The girl turned around and walked back up the stairwell to the 3rd floor this time.

"Oh, my name is Yia btw, i think you'll really fit in honestly."

"Probably, once i get comfortable im a whole other person. Plus i'm loud at times and talk too much."

You both laugh at your comment and pass by a class when a boy walks out. He's a tall guy, which for you is pretty tall since you're a above average height yourself standing at 5'9 and proud. He's lightskin and pretty chunky, not thick but almost skinny.

"Is she new? This the new girl?"

"Yesss, Kev get back to class" she rolled her eyes

You both walk past as the boy known as Kev tries to follow behind but gets called back to class by a teacher, laughing.

"Boys here are really weird so be careful im serious"

"I can tell, he's one of those 'where my hug at' types guys" you giggle with Yia.

She soon stops infront of a classroom after taking you to grab breakfast on your floor, "Soo this is your homeroom, stay safe as a piece of advice. Byee" she waved and walked away as you returned her gesture.

Walking into class your teacher notices you and says hello. Introducing yourself as the new student the teacher says you can sit anywhere. Looking around the room you see there are desks in groups, there was group with a tall black girl with long curly hair that sat in a bun held together with a head wrap in a beautiful nude brown color looking down at her phone. Asking to sit there she nods and you set your backpack down.

Kids start to gather in and ask if you're new to which you nod and give them your schedule as they ask. You don't mind the questions, you're instantly not as nervous as you were earlier.

"She has all classes with me"

A guy points out sitting in the seat across from you. He was a dark skin guy with a yellow undertone and skin that looked moisturized and healthy. You could tell he has a good hygiene, even his teeth were as white as can be when he laughed. He was your height but just a few cm taller and obviously skinny although he wore a tan hoodie that had brown lettering on the back and camo khaki pants paired with brown nike dunks. He dressed well, including his side fade with cornrows down his head, he also wore glasses that really fit his face well. They had a tan rim, although prescribed they looked custom. His gold earrings was really the icing on top. He was beyond fine and just looking at him you could tell he was someone to get to know.

"What's your name?"

The few students that surrounded your desk looked at you.

....

"Y/N"