Chapter 2: How it all began

~Flashback: 15 years ago~

Rena lived in a orphanage most of her life. Her parents left her on a doorstep but she never knew why they gave her up. But if it wasn't for her parents leaving her, she wouldn't have met her amazing family. Here's how they met.

Rena and Blaine were each other's closest friends since they were toddlers. So, they were like brother and sister. They were the only kids in the orphanage for a little while.

Then, the caretaker, Jackie, brings a red-haired girl, with pale skin and hazel eyes in the room they were in.

"Rena, Blaine. This is Sasha, she is going to be staying with us. I want you two to make her feel at home." Jackie says sweetly as she introduced the young girl to the children.

They gave her their best smile, to show her that they were friendly. Sasha hides behind Jackie's skirt, still a little shy from the others. Jackie soothes Sasha by slowly getting her in front.

"It's okay, Sasha. They don't bite." Jackie reassures Sasha.

Sasha walks slowly to Rena and Blaine and gives them a toothy smile. "Hola. Me llamo Sasha."

"Hola Sasha! Me llamo Rena."

"Y me llamo Blaine. Mucho gusto. I might need a refresher on my Spanish. But it's nice to meet you." Blaine days

Sasha let's out giggle. "It was actually great, it's so nice to meet you too! How long have you two been here?" She takes her place in between them on the couch.

"Since we were toddlers. But don't worry, Jackie is the best caregiver. You'll feel right at home. So what country is your parents from? Or  ethnicity?" Blaine asks curiously

"Me and my family are from Venezuela, my parents and I immigrated here. But something happened and now I'm here."

"Don't worry, you'll like it here." Rena gives her a reassuring smile

Jackie was like the crew's mother, even if she struggled a bit to provide for them. She still was able to make them happy. When she passed away due to an illness, the crew looked out for each other and learned how to take care of themselves so they wouldn't be separated.

When Rena turned 18, they lived in a run down apartment together. They worked minimum wage jobs just to pay the rent and their nesseccities. But one day, things changed when they saw people with their fancy clothing at the museum.

"I wish I had her shoes..." Sasha sighed

"I want her dress" Zoey says

"Well we just need to work out what we have. Someday, that will be us." Blaine says

"But, look where we are. High school dropouts, Blaine. No degree, no high paying job. We basically live in a dump." Asher complained

"At least it's something. But I do miss Jackie. If she was alive we wouldn't be like this." Simon says sadly

Rena looks to her group, despair and grief sat in their eyes. She looks back to the event inside the museum. She then gets an idea, a crazy one, but good plan.

"Well, if we want to live the high life; then we going to have to cheat our way to the top. And I know just how." Rena says nonchalant.

"What ever it is, I'm in." Asher says

"What?? Why, it could be crazy?" Simon says confused