Chapter 3: The Gala

They trained and practiced their plan until the day of the heist. They were currently on a plane ride to D.C, Rena studied the plan with Sasha and Blaine while everyone else slept.

"Okay, that should do it. Once we take the jewels, we will be richer again. Have you both looked into your plans like we said?" Rena asked

"Yeah, I have a meeting tomorrow morning with the realtor for the animal shelter. I can't wait to get it started. Cause once the police and every other law enforcement are done looking for us, we get to live out our lives with peace and quiet." Sasha says as she drinks her wine

"If they give up looking for us, you mean. You know how they are and we are wanted criminals." Blaine sighs

"Yeah but at least have some faith Blaine. This will probably be our last job anyways. And we can stop doing all of this. Besides, why continue looking for us? At least we aren't murderers."

"Sasha is right. About the murderer part I mean. But they could stop looking for us. We just have to lay low after."

"Easy for you both to say. But doesn't Simon seem a little on edge lately?" Blaine asks concerned

"I've noticed it too, he seemed out of it. Like he feels guilt?" Sasha says

"I know Simon has a good heart, but it is the last job. Then, we can just live out our lives normally." Rena reassures.

They look to where Simon is and hope he can handle the last and final job.

Soon, the plane lands in D.C. and the gang heads to their hidden property to go over the plan once again.

The final heist is in motion.

---------------------------------------------------------

That night, Rena walks through the museum with Sasha in their fancy gowns. Pretending partying around the guests.

(Rena's dress)

(Rena's dress)

She discreetly talks into the earpiece.

"How's it looking, Simon?" Rena asks the hacker

"Everything is working so well. About to hack into the security cameras now to play a looped video."

"Great, and all we need to do is to create a diversion." Sasha says confidently.

"That would be the case." Blaine says into the earpiece.

"Minimal security. Bad choice." Zoey says

"I agree. We might have ourselves a jewel." Asher says as he walks around, blending in with the crowd.

"I'll go scope out the jewel." Rena says to Sasha as she walks to the other side of the museum, taking a flute of champagne with her.

But little did she know, someone else was following her.

Actually, a group was following her.

---------------------------------------------------------

She pretends to look other at paintings and statues to not create much suspicion. She sees the jewels and goes to see them.

She inspected the jewels. The detail of the bands, the gems and the pattern of colors. It was beautiful. It was breathtaking. No wonder why the buyer wanted it so much.

As she admired their glow, someone spoke out to her.

"Enjoying the event?" A low and voice said.

Rena looks to the person behind her.

Aaron Hotchner.

She was confused but the look didn't show on her face. But how would he know to be here? Especially at the exact same time.

"Very, Agent Hotchner. Is there anything I can do for you?" Rena asks innocently

"You do realize you are wanted for your last heist, right?" Aaron asks his face stotic his voice strict.

"Oh really? I haven't noticed." Rena says sarcastically as she rolls her eyes.

"Are you always this sarcastic, Rena?" Aaron asks, raising a brow to her.

"Only when stupidity presents itself. Now what do you want." Rena looks back to the crown jewels.

"I would say it's more of a defense mechanism. You use sarcasm as a way to push people away from you. You dealt with abandonment and you are afraid of-" Rena interrupts him by giving him a look.

"I never knew profilers could be so invasive. Now, what. do. you. want?" Rena asks coldly

Aaron steps close to her grabbing her arm and his lips close to her ear. She doesn't look at him

"All the agents are in this room and other parts of the museum. You lost, Rena. We knew you'd be here."

Rena's hands slowly goes to the knife on her thigh hoister, but Aaron grabs her wrist and pins it behind her back. He takes the knife and tosses it away from her for one of the agents to grab.

"I thought you and your team didn't murder people."

"I wasn't going to. I just was going to stab you in the leg for touching me without my permission." Rena says proudly

Rena sees Blaine and Zoey. She gives them a look discreetly as they both nod and go. Aaron walks with Rena to the squad car. She sees his team and they put her in the car.

They take her to the station.

---------------------------------------------------------

She sits in an holding cell, looking at the ceiling in boredom. Wondering if her team were able to flee before they got caught. Then, something catches her attention.

She looks over to where the door opens and her eyes widen in surprise as her team walks in. The cops put them inside the cell and lock the door.

Rena looks to them in shock and sadness. She believed this was the last time they would be together.