Chapter 5: Welcome to the FBI

The group heads to Quantico after a week. A annoyed and tired Rena closes her eyes for a moment. Simon drives. Zoey is eating her breakfast along with Asher. Sasha is fixing her makeup. And Blaine is reading the information packet Strauss gave them.

"So...how is everyone feeling about today?" Simon says breaking the tension inside the car

"Don't want to do it, but it will keep us together." Zoey says quietly

"Yeah, but it may not be so bad." Sasha says

"We'll see. Besides, we aren't here to make friends. We are only doing our part and getting the hell out of there" Blaine says sternly.

"Blaine, we should at least give them a chance. We might actually like it." Simon suggests

Blaine looks to Simon through the rear view and gives him a stern gaze. Rena just pretends not to hear any of it and puts the jacket over her head for some sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

They soon arrived at the BAU and stopped by the front desk to collect their badges. One of the people there gives them a tour before handing them off to Derek.

"Rise and sunshine, cupcakes. Who's ready for a case?" Derek asks

The group doesn't say anything and Rena directs her attention to something else.

"Tough crowd. Anyways I'm Derek Morgan as some of you know. What about you all?"

"Don't you already know our names?" Zoey asks curiously

"Yes, but it's always better to get a polite introduction." Derek counters

One by one, the group say their names

"Simon Wells."

"Zoey Ngô"

"Asher Cooper"

"Sasha Cortez"

"Well nice to meet you, Sasha." Derek says, sending a wink her way. A slight blush forms her cheeks before they continue the introductions.

"Blaine Rosen."

And last but not least, Rena.

"What about you, Queen bee." Derek asks jokingly

Rena rolls her eyes to the nickname and doesn't look at him.

"Rena Contreras"

"See that wasn't so bad. Now let me introduce you to the rest of the team. First, starting off with my favorite person here." Derek leads the group.

They walk down to a room, Derek opens it to see the blonde haired lady they saw a week ago.

"Oh my. Derek, you should've warned me about people entering my workspace. It would've been a bit cle-"

"Woah, bump the breaks Princess. It's just the Trainees. You remember them, right?"

Penelope looks over to the group who gives her half smiles.

"Oh of course. I believe one of them is with me, right?"

"Um yes, that would be me." Simon says sheepishly

"Great, well I'm Penelope and I'm the technical analyst of the Bureau."

"Okay, now time for you all to meet the team. See you in the conference room, Princess." Derek says as he leads the group to the rest of the team.

They head to the main area and where at least 3 of them where. Rena remembered their names. Reid, Jareau and Prentiss.

"Hey people, you remember our lovely Trainees?" Derek makes a humorous gesture with his hand

"Of course. Especially one particular Trainee. Nice to see you on the good guys side, Rena." The black-haired woman said

Rena rolls her eyes "Didn't have much of a choice."

Aaron and David walk out of their offices.

"Hello everyone. Ready to go over the case?" Aaron asks as he walks to the conference room.

Everyone nods and takes their seats. The team felt uneasy being there with the agents.

"Don't worry, have a seat." Rossi said as he pat down the seats.

Simon was the first one to take a seat. He sat down next to Agent Rossi. Soon, everyone else followed except for Rena. Blaine sits with David, Asher and Zoey sit together. Lastly, Sasha sits with Derek.

The only open seat was with Aaron. So, left with no choice, Rena sat down next to him; but doesn't make any eye contact with him. She looks towards the screen where Penelope presents the case.

"Okay team! Our case comes from Arkon, Ohio. The victims name is..."

Rena looks to the file in front of her and studied the pictures from the scene. She looks through the reports while still listening to the bubbly blonde. Sometimes she felt the stare of the man next to her.

"And they are expecting us in a few hours." Penelope concluded

"Okay. Wheels up in 30. To the Trainees, it means we are about to leave. Go bags are ready?" The dark haired man says.

The group nods to Aaron as the other agents leave to handle last minute tasks. Once Aaron leaves the room, the group looks to each other.

"So, we are already diving into the case?" Asher asks curiously

"Guess so. Let's just go get our bags and follow Agnet Hotchner to the jet." Rena says as she walks out the room.

---------------------------------------------------------

Everyone boards the jet. The group sits on one side and the FBI sits on the other. It was awkward silence for the most part. The only time they talked was about the case. Rena looked through the file. Reading all the important information.

Blaine sits next to Rena. "So how's it going?"

"Antagonizingly slow plane ride."

"We have an hour. So can't wait to check into the hotel and get started on this case." Blaine says

"Same here. The tension is very thick in here. It's suffocating." Rena agrees

Rena hears whispers from the other side of the plane. She looks to where the agents are. Huddled around to their own discussion.

Soon, the plane lands.

Sasha looks to the crew "Time to start our first case"