Part 2: Training with Itachi, Meeting Sasuke, and the Flower Girls

"Yes Naruto, Your father was Minato Namikaze, or better known as: The Fourth Hokage." 

Rin confirmed Naruto's suspicions based on their story. He now knew everything. Who he was, why the village hated him, and why he felt responsible for the nine-tails attacking the village, because in a way, he was responsible. If he hadn't been born at that time, the nine-tails would not have been released and the bloodshed described by the villagers and the adults of the village would not have happened.

Obito could sense the rising sadness within Naruto and reassured him: "Hey little brother, none of this is your fault. It's the fault of the masked Uchiha who controlled the nine-tails. So never think that it's your fault the attack happened."

"O-Ok big brother." Naruto could only weakly respond.

"Come now, it's time for dinner. Rin made your favorite: Miso Pork Ramen with Menma and Fish Cakes!" Kakashi excitedly stated, knowing that this would make Naruto happy.

As soon as he heard Ramen, Naruto was already on the dining table waiting to eat. Nothing would stop him from chowing down on his favorite meal. As soon as dinner was over, he went straight to sleep, as the next day starts his training with Konoha's top Anbu and his big brother's most trusted advisor: Itachi Uchiha. Naruto could not wait to finally become a great shinobi just like his father was.

At the Hokage Office

But before training, Naruto made a stop by the Hokage office. He had one request to make his big brother.

"Big Brother, I would like to make a request regarding my name."

"What is it Naruto? I will grant you your request as long as it's reasonable."

"I would like to formally change my name."

"To what?"

"Naruto Namikaze."

"I cannot grant you that request Naruto, for your own safety. If other villages knew of your heritage and your relation to your father, your life will be in far more danger than ever before. And this time I cannot issue a decree stating that no one will hurt you, because they will be shinobi from other villages trying to attack you, wanting your head."

"I fully understand the risks of taking my father's name, but what kind of son would I be if I didn't acknowledge my father's legacy, and what kind of son would I be if I wasn't proud to take his name?" Naruto reasoned with Obito. "Tell you what, my name will still officially be Naruto Uzumaki to prevent any attacks to the village, but I will address myself to people I trust as Naruto Namikaze. Then I will reveal my heritage to everyone when I feel I am strong enough to defend myself against the enemy shinobi. Does that sound fair big brother?"

"I agree to your terms Naruto, but please let me know who you tell your real name to so I can get them to keep it secret for your own safety." Obito implored.

"Sounds good. I'm off to train with Itachi sensei now." Naruto stated as he left the Hokage office and headed to the training grounds where he and Itachi agreed to meet.

At the Training Grounds

"Hey big brother, when can we start training?" A raven-haired boy asked Itachi, excited to start training and master his craft.

"In a bit Sasuke, we're still waiting for Big Brother Shisui and another student about your age." Itachi told his younger brother, revealed to be Sasuke.

"How long is he going to take? I'm getting bored over here!" Sasuke complained.

"Oh don't tell me, Itachi is keeping you waiting again. I swear he can't do anything when it comes to starting on time. Even for our Anbu missions he's always late." A boy with shorter dark hair teased his friend.