Part 10: The Princess: Team 10's First Mission

Team 10 received their mission: To escort a princess back to her home in the Land of Whirlpools. At the same time, Team 7 received their mission to escort a Bridge Builder back to the Land of Waves. Naruto is at home right now getting ready with his team.

"Hey Big sister Rin, we will be heading out for our missions!" Naruto and Sasuke called out.

"Wait Naruto, Sasuke, you forgot your lunches!" Rin called from the kitchen and gave them both their lunches.

"They grow up so fast. One day, they will be running this village." Rin said to herself as she watched Naruto and Sasuke head off. "Speaking of heading the village, I need to see what Obito's up to."

Naruto and Sasuke then met up with their teams and sensei's to begin their missions. Just then, a woman walks up to the teams, looking lost.

"Hey there, are you lost?" Naruto asked, flashing a warm smile at the young lady.

"N-no sir, T-thank you f-for s-saving me." The girl stammered. She struggled to get to her feet as Naruto helped her up.

"Glad to hear it. Say, I haven't seen you around here before. What's your name?" Naruto asked.

"M-my n-name?" The girl wasn't used to many people asking for her name. She had always been called princess or something related to royalty. But this boy was different. From what she could tell, he cared less about her title and more about her. "I-Ichika Kuroko." She stuttered as she responded.

"Nice to meet you Ichika. My name is Naruto Uzumaki." Naruto responded. "Can I ask what you are doing in the village?"

Ichika had grown to warm up to Naruto, and she was mesmerized by not only his looks, but his attitude towards everyone too. She began to blush slightly when Naruto flashed his smile at her again.

"I'm not from this village. I was just here to visit an old friend. I was on my way back home, but the Hokage asked me to wait for an escort team. I was actually looking for someone named Asuma Sarutobi. I was told that he would be escorting me back to my country." The girl said.

"Wait, are you the princess we're supposed to be escorting back to the Land of Whirlpools?" Sakura asked Ichika. She and Ino just arrived to the meeting, and Sakura was completely astonished that she was in the presence of an actual princess. Ino on the other hand, was feeling extreme jealousy that the 'princess' was eyeing up her boyfriend like he was some sort of candy to her. She needed to calm herself down before she quite literally took her head. But then Sasuke said something that completely irked her.

"Bro can we please trade missions? You get to protect a princess while we're stuck guarding an old ass bridge builder. It's not fair!" Sasuke complained to Naruto. "And that princess has the hots for you too."

"Yes, but now I have to deal with a jealous girlfriend who probably won't look my way unless I like literally propose to her on the spot." Naruto said into Sasuke's ear. "This whole situation is such a drag. Speaking of girlfriends, when will you get the stones and ask her out? We both know you've had a thing for her ever since we met, so don't try to play it off Teme."

Shikamaru's ear's perked up when he heard those words "Hey Naruto, stop stealing my catchphrase and making everything a drag!"

Sasuke immediately became flustered at this. He had told Naruto about his feelings for a certain someone before, and now his best friend was using those confessions against him.

"Whatever do you mean my dear friend?" Sasuke tried to cover up his obvious feelings, but it was to no avail. Naruto saw right through his façade. "Ah fine dobe, you win. It's just hard. Not everyone has your level of confidence in themselves that they've been with the same girl since they were 8 years old, not to mention with all the other girls looking at you as if you were a freaking model or something. For gods sakes, even a PRINCESS likes you."