Chapter 5: Check your front pockets

Bridget

For two exhausting, tormented, draining weeks, every Genetics lecture is a nightmare for me. The spellbinding brunette I spotted on my first day never gives me a break. Today, he's being particularly handsome, because it's starting to get chillier and he's pulled turtlenecks out of his wardrobe. Tight, black turtlenecks that compliment his body just right. And his hands have collected a couple more silver rings as the days passed. Also, today he arrived so late that the only seat left was far back, meaning he has to use his glasses. He didn't need them to be more attractive, but still decided to threaten my sanity with them.

He's one row behind me, two seats to the right. I can see him through my peripheral vision, I benefit from the sight of him stretching and running his hand through his hair every now and then. I have too little willpower left to channel my attention to the PowerPoint, this guy is pulling my gaze towards him like a fucking magnet. And every time my eyes land on him, there's that smirk, the smirk of someone who knows exactly why I'm doing this and how down bad I am for him. He already gained a nickname - Lucifer - that I use to talk about him with my friends over text, how could I not break the ice after the sickening amount of stolen glances between us?

I seriously need to get some fresh air, I can't focus on the professor's words when the devil is preventing me from thinking straight. I should request his notes later, in the end it's his fault I couldn't follow the lecture properly.

I stand up in a second and head for the nearest restroom, where I lock myself up. Jade will find the news hilarious. I couldn't blame her, honestly. As expected, when I explain that there's a fallen angel in my class who's been giving me mixed signals for the whole week, she can't control her laughter, not even over text.

My plan is to catch the demon after the lecture and accuse him of deconcentrating me with his attractiveness and sabotaging my career as well as my common sense. That's how I'll shoot my shot. Jade isn't replying to me anymore, she must've gone back to work. It's time for me to walk out of the restroom, take a quick glance at myself in the mirror to check if I'm still having a bad hair day, and at last make my way back to the classroom.

Halfway there, I freeze in my steps when I see Lucifer leaning against the wall opposite the door. One hand in his pocket like he knows what he's doing, the other scrolling through his phone. As he hears my footsteps, those predator eyes catch mine and petrify me on the spot again. Not even the barrier of his glasses can save me from his gaze. I could bet he took them off on purpose.

I look around me to make sure nobody's there, and take a few steps towards him. I should be going the opposite way, but so should he, so I guess something's more important than Genetics right now. He detaches from the wall and meets me in the middle of the hallway. I'm going to hell after this.

"Skipping the lecture like the bad boy you are?" It's a joke, but he might even take that as a compliment by the looks of it.

He shrugs. "Couldn't concentrate anymore." Good to know I wasn't the only one not paying attention. Was he unfocussed for the same reason as I or is he just unbothered?

"So I guess you can take the new girl on a uni tour?" I raise an eyebrow at him, sure he'll say yes.

"You're new?" His accent is strong, almost hard for me to understand. His voice, however, is deep, low and raspy, which perfectly matches his mysterious boy appearance.

"Kind of," I tilt my head to the side. "I'm an exchange student. Been here for a couple of weeks."

There he goes, biting his lip as if it were no big deal to me. "And I'm the bad boy for skipping class, huh?" I guess I won't be having any notes from him today, but there's something else I might get.