𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐨𝐫 𝐏𝐭. 𝟎𝟏|| 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐙𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐧𝐢

Background:
Y/n Potter and Blaise Zabini have been paired as potions partners by Professor Slughorn.
A pure blood Slytherin trying his upmost to hide his genuine likeness towards with a half-blood Gryffindor? How ironical.

A/N- I'm praying this isn't cringe 😭

- Blaise POV -

"So what's it with you and Potter?" Draco breaks the silence as we walk to the dungeons. "Which Potter", I reply back, not exactly content with the topic of conversation. "Piss off, you know exactly who I'm talking about." I looked over at him, plastered a blank expression and just shrugged. The less I say, the quicker this discussion will pass.

"Y/n Blaise, he means y/n" Pansy speaks up. "Word around Hogwarts is that you both fancy each other's presence a whole lot." Do people really have nothing else to do than babble about who's associating with who?

"We were simply working on a potions assignment. I fail to see how that is 'fancying each other's presence'." I scoff while trying to sound as monotoned as possible.

Draco and Pansy exchanged knowing looks of suspicion and then focused their attention back onto me. "We've seen the way you look at her Zabini", Draco says, stepping in front of me, Pansy following short thereafter. I stopped walking and gave them both questioning looks.
"What are you implying at" I queried and shifted my gaze onto a near by painting.

Pansy crossed her arms and rolls her eyes. "Seems to me Blaise, is that you fancy the Gryffindor." "I do not", I reply back, quicker than I would've wanted to.

"A lot of people have an eye for her these days, it would be understandable if you did as well" said Pansy. "But I must say, I thought your standards were better than that tramp," she spits out, voice filled with disgust.

"Come on Blaise, I never expected you to turn traitor. Especially over some presumptuous brat?" Draco continued the interrogation.

There was no doubt they suspected something between y/n and I. But not only them, but the whole school as well? It would be a matter of time news reached my mother's pureblooded  ears, and that was something I would prefer to stay clear of. Even if there was some emotion I kept hidden within, acting on it would be ludicrous.

"The only reason I tolerate her presence is because Slughorn paired me with her" I began. "It's absolutely repulsive that you both think I would ever touch a filthy blood traitor like her." I cringed at hearing my words aloud- a apart of me knowing they were deceptive.

No one had said anything for a while. It was oddly quiet until I felt a harsh nudge in my ribs. I turn my attention towards the two other people with me. "Parkinson, now it not the time", I say coldly, eyes furrowed at her. But she wasn't looking at me, neither was Draco. I followed their tense gazes to a person standing in front of us, a book in their hand. My heart drops and I feel suddenly nauseous. Y/n.

She just stood there, her posture not drooping in the slightest. There was no doubt she heard everything that was said yet I prayed that she didn't. I prayed that maybe by chance she just happened to stumble across my path. I knew my prayers went unanswered when we locked eyes and she immediately frowned- she heard me. I take in a breath and scan her face, searching for any sort of reaction- the slight droop in the corner of her eye giving her away.

She was hurt, and I was the one to blame for it. I felt my jaw tense at the thought, a sick feeling spreading throughout my body. Even though I had not the slightest clue on what to say, I opened my mouth to say something, anything that would help my case.

Not even a second later, her wand was raised and I expected nothing less but a curse destined my way. But nothing of that sort had happened, instead, a book floated our way and rested in my open palms. My potions book.