𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐞 || 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐬 𝐒𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐞 (𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞)

Background:
Y/n Potter, kidnapped and tortured until she agrees to become a death eater has saved Bellatrix from a harrowing curse. This, of course earns her Lord Voldemort's trust, however Snape isn't so pleased. Did y/n have other intentions in mind? Or has she finally given into the Dark side?

A/N- i know it sounds cringe but I swear it's kinda good 😭

! TW: slight mention of blood !

-Y/n POV-

"Why did you do it?", Snape spoke, finally breaking the silence. I looked at him and tried my best to seem confused. He raised a brow to match his bland expression. I knew that face; a face brimming with suspicion, signaling that he didn't believe me. "Do not play dumb with me", he spat out, breaking the eye contact and giving his attention to the brewing potion in front of him. He reached for a glass jar labeled 'star grass', swiftly added a pinch to the concoction, stirred it until it shone gold, and then turned his attention back unto me.

"Are you going to answer the question or not y/n?", a tint of annoyance in his voice. Did he actually believe I took a curse for Bellatrix? Did I really manage to fool Voldemort, his goons, and Severus Snape?  I turned my gaze away, "I don't know what you're talking ab-" "Why did you save Bellatrix? Out of all people why her?", Snape snapped, cutting me off whilst slamming his fist on the table. Holy shit. He really did believe the whole facade.

I turned around again and directly faced him, trying my best not to look cocky, but the look of surprise surely made its way to my face. He stared deep at me, evaluating my expressions. "What", he said in a tone that sounded like more of a statement than a question. I almost laughed."I apologize Professor, you just never struck me as a gullible individual.", I began, genuine concern but also a hint of amusement displaying on my face. I continued, "So you must understand my astonishment."

His face turned blank and then contorted into an expression of pure confusion. He stared right at me, tilting his head a bit before trying to scrutinize my face. A minute or two passed until he gave up; relaxed his posture and gave me a small nod as if he wanted me to explain further. I complied.

"I didn't save Bellatrix, I just acted at the right time", I say calmly. His face contorts again, somehow, making him look even more confused than he previously was. I sighed, got up from the chair, and hoisted myself onto the table; one leg crossed, the other dangling.

"I was lucky enough to see the curse being cast", I started, eyes squinting a bit as I flash-backed to how it happened. "So naturally, I followed its line of destruction and deduced it would hit no one other than Ms. Bellatrix Lestrange."

Snape's face seemed to soften up, yet not quite understanding how anything connects. He said nothing and then turned back to the cauldron. So I continued. "Which would've been wonderful but of course, nothing is simple in life. The unfortunate thing is, is that she saw the curse and was about to dodge it." I paused to take a breath. "And she would've actually had quite a good chance in doing so. So what would that mean Snape?"

He looked startled for a moment and stopped stirring the potion in front of him. I'm pretty certain that he wasn't expecting to be directly addressed. I gave him a moment to answer, however as he slowly turned his body to face me, it was clear that he still had no idea what I was implying. I let out a small giggle. His confusion in this matter was really boosting my ego.

"It would mean that the person behind her would be hit", I say serenely. He was now pouring the potion into a goblet and walking towards me, yet stopping just a few feet away. He still hasn't said anything, just giving me subtle nods for me to keep talking.